Windows 10: Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

Discus and support Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Version 2004 about a month ago and realized that my Windows Mixed Reality headset doesn't work properly. Is it possible to do a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stagzealot, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

I just upgraded to Version 2004 about a month ago and realized that my Windows Mixed Reality headset doesn't work properly. Is it possible to do a reinstall in place with the media creation tool to go back to 1909. Or does this tool only allow for a version upgrade? I know that I could do a full reinstall but I have lots of programs installed so I'd prefer to avoid that.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/stagzealot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stagzealot, Oct 23, 2020

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Oct 23, 2020
  3. alpha45 Win User
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version?

Thank you

alpha45, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

Downgrade from Version 1709 to 1703

Hi Joseph,

Yes, you may still go back to the previous version of your Windows. However, please be informed that the rollback should be performed within 10 days or this option will no longer be available. You may follow the steps below for the procedure:

• Type settings in the Search bar, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Update & security, then select Recovery.
    • Click on the Get started button under Go back to an earlier build section. The process will begin and you will be asked some questions for information purposes.

For a more detailed instructions and other additional steps on how you can perform a downgrade, kindly check on this
    article
    that was created by Andre Da Costa.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade

1. Reinstall in Place Version Downgrade - Similar Threads - Reinstall Place Version

2. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  3. In Place reinstall of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In Place reinstall of Windows 10: Hi again, there seems to be various ways of doing a in place install of Windows 10. Could I just go into settings, update and security and Recovery ? I want to save settings and personal files etc. I seem to think someone sent me a link about two years ago which worked fine....
  4. Reinstall after downgrading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall after downgrading.: I updated my Windows 10 to 11 using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I want to downgrade it due to some reason. Will I get an update of windows 11 after downgrading it?...
  5. Reinstall after downgrading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall after downgrading.: I updated my Windows 10 to 11 using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I want to downgrade it due to some reason. Will I get an update of windows 11 after downgrading it?...
  6. downgrading versions

downgrading versions: how do i downgrade from win 10 enterprise to win 10 pro on HP elitebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrading-versions/014a2a88-0ba7-4fbe-a96c-edd6612e42a0
  7. Downgrading to 1903 version

Downgrading to 1903 version: Is it possible to downgrade from 1909 to 1903? My games started running slower after the last update. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrading-to-1903-version/e9d166bd-ddae-413f-a30e-933dd5ec9e41
  8. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  9. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows: Do you know if it is possible to downgrade from v 1809 and reinstall the previous version (V1803) starting from the iso file, keeping my applications and documents, having cleaned the disk and removed the previous version? Thank you 122641
  10. Downgrade and reinstall the previous version Windows

in Windows 10 News