Windows 10: Reinstall of my windows 10 pro operating system

Discus and support Reinstall of my windows 10 pro operating system in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community; I have an HP compaq elite slim line 8200 USDT PC with OS of Windows 10 PRO and have the electronic product key. MY PC is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Beep01, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Beep01 Win User

Reinstall of my windows 10 pro operating system

Hello Community;

I have an HP compaq elite slim line 8200 USDT PC with OS of Windows 10 PRO and have the electronic product key.

MY PC is not performing properly, I understand there is an " in-place upgrade install " available by using the "Windows OS Installer" to replace all the operating system files for windows 10 Pro. and put my system back to normal condition.

Is this "Windows OS Installer" on my PC or is this something that I will have to download and is there a cost involved to get it??.

Is there a link that will have the instructions and procedure to do this

" in- place upgrade install for me?"

Thanks for your assist.

Beep01

:)

Beep01, Nov 30, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Operating System

Microsoft Corp. on Tuesday unveiled its next Windows operating system, Windows 10, and gave a first look at an early technical preview for the PC available Oct. 1. The announcement highlighted advancements designed for business, including an updated user experience and enhanced security and management capabilities. The company also introduced the Windows Insider Program, kicking off its largest-ever open collaborative development effort to change the way Windows is built and delivered to best meet the needs of customers. Program participants will receive the technical preview of Windows 10 and a steady stream of builds through the development cycle to use and give feedback on.

"Windows 10 represents the first step of a whole new generation of Windows, unlocking new experiences to give customers new ways to work, play and connect," said Terry Myerson, executive vice president of the Operating Systems group at Microsoft. "This will be our most comprehensive operating system and the best release Microsoft has ever done for our business customers, and we look forward to working together with our broader Windows community to bring Windows 10 to life in the months ahead."

Reinstall of my windows 10 pro operating system 146a_thm.jpg

Windows 10: familiarity and consistency across devices
    Windows 10 adapts to the devices customers are using - from Xbox to PCs and phones to tablets and tiny gadgets - and what they're doing with a consistent, familiar and compatible experience, enabling even greater productivity. Windows 10 will run across the broadest range of devices ever from the Internet of Things to enterprise datacenters worldwide. Microsoft is also delivering a converged application platform for developers on all devices with a unified app store. Developers will be able to write an application once and deploy it easily across multiple device types, making discovery, purchase and updating easier than ever for customers.

Windows 10: designed for the challenges of modern business
    Windows 10 builds nearly everything that businesses need right into the core of the product - including enterprise-grade security, identity and information protection features - in ways that can reduce complexities and provide better experiences than other solutions. One area of advancement is in the work Microsoft has done with user identities to improve resistance to breach, theft or phishing. Windows 10 will also help advance data loss prevention by using containers and data separation at the application and file level, enabling protection that follows the data as it goes from a tablet or PC to a USB drive, email or the cloud.

Management and deployment have been simplified to help lower costs, including in-place upgrades from Windows 7 or Windows 8 that are focused on making device wipe-and-reload scenarios obsolete. Businesses will also have the flexibility to choose how quickly they adopt the latest innovations and influence continued improvements. In addition, organizations will be able to customize an app store specific to their needs and environment. The intent is an app store that will allow for volume app licensing, flexible distribution, and the ability for organizations to reclaim or reuse licenses when necessary.

Technical preview PC productivity
    The early technical preview of Windows 10 demonstrates new levels of flexibility, navigation and familiarity through the Windows experience. Features include these:
    • Expanded Start menu. The familiar Start menu is back, providing quick one-click access to the functions and files that people use most, and it includes a new space to personalize with favorite apps, programs, people and websites.
    • Apps that run in a window. Apps from the Windows Store now open in the same format that desktop programs do. They can be resized and moved around, and have title bars at the top allowing users to maximize, minimize and close with a click.
    • Snap enhancements. Working in multiple apps at once is easier and more intuitive with snap improvements. A new quadrant layout allows up to four apps to be snapped on the same screen. Windows will also show other apps and programs running for additional snapping, and it will even make smart suggestions on filling available screen space with other open apps.
    • New Task view button. The new Task view button on the task bar enables one view for all open apps and files, allowing for quick switching and one-touch access to any desktop created.
    • Multiple desktops. Instead of too many apps and files overlapping on a single desktop, it's easy to create and switch between distinct desktops for different purposes and projects - whether for work or personal use.
    Open and collaborative development
    The introduction of the Windows Insider Program demonstrates Microsoft's continued commitment to working closely with customers to help shape the future of Windows. Windows Insiders will be able to give feedback on early builds of the product throughout the development cycle. The program will include various ways for Windows Insiders to engage in a two-way dialogue with Microsoft, including a Windows Feedback app for sharing suggestions and issues and a Windows Technical Preview Forum for interacting with Microsoft engineers and fellow Insiders. More information on the Windows Insider Program and the technical preview can be found here.

btarunr, Nov 30, 2018
  3. solving operating system problems by reinstalling windows 10 and not risking file or application loss

One of my computers is having one of the above problems (many troubleshooting had already been done) and it was suggested that I go to the Microsoft web site and reinstall the windows 10 operating system. That doing so would not risk loss of files or applications.
    This did not seem to be a viable option for either windows 7 or 8 as for those reinstalling the os lead to a loss of files or applications or both.

This step of re-installation on the Microsoft web site I am not yet familiar with.I had not yet performed this step as I had not backed up my files and did not want to have to reinstall applications if the above method failed. It appears that when the operating
    system is reinstalled it should be like it was before where the organization of the files and applications remain the same?

Many hours can be spent creating and sending and analyzing: msinfo32, event log, cbs log, dism log, powershell log and or renaming files, changing settings in the system, clean boot, etc.

Sometimes when the operating system malfunctions you may not be able to get to the desk top or safe mode. In these cases the steps are limited to the advanced troubleshooting options which have restore points or reset. Frequently there may be no restore
    points or those that are available may fail to salvage the operating system. A reset can be done

If a reset is done there are two options, either keep my files or remove everything. Remove everything appears to be similar to reinstalling the operating system.

Recently I have had three computers with spontaneous blue screens. And there were also two computers where it was not possible to get to the desk top or safe mode. A flash drive with bootable iso did not offer any workable troubleshooting steps. There
    are more computers and driver verifier on all of my computers produced driver verifier produced blue screens.

I am guessing that re-installing the windows 10 operating system is likely not to alter the frequency of drivers producing blue screens if they are not microsoft drivers. Is this correct?

Can you now just follow steps in the first post with the step 1 for windows 10 above and not risk loss of files or apps? If so could you then reinstall the operating system before bed and wake up with a new operating system?

If there is little or no risk for the loss of files or applications I would like to be able to perform preventative maintenance and perhaps reinstall the windows 10 operating system each quarter. The preventative maintenance of reinstalling the windows
    10 os would be to reduce the need to work up and fix operating system problems.

This method or preventative maintenance I had not seen and was wondering the pro and con. In other words no longer would problems be treated only when they occur but the operating system would be reinstalled saving files and applications each quarter.

When looking at my computers that have potential risks: There is one computer that has a problem with its windows 10 operating system that was not able to be fixed. There are many other computers that could have blue screens related to the use of windows
    defender offline. There are many computers that had driver verifier produced blue screens.

It seems that reinstalling the operating system once each quarter (start before sleep and awaken with new operating system with saved files and applications) would reduce the likelihood of any major operating system problems. Again I have not yet performed
    this step on the Microsoft web site in the first post.

Please comment on the pro and con of this type of preventative maintenance.

questions_, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall of my windows 10 pro operating system - Similar Threads - Reinstall pro operating

2. Reinstall Windows 11 after operating system reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 11 after operating system reset: Windows 11 was on my lap top. The lap top's operating system was reset. Now it has Windows 10 on it. I want to upgrade to Windows 11. Can I do it manually?...
  3. Reinstall Windows 11 after operating system reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 11 after operating system reset: Windows 11 was on my lap top. The lap top's operating system was reset. Now it has Windows 10 on it. I want to upgrade to Windows 11. Can I do it manually?...
  4. Windows 10 operating system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 operating system: Is it possible to install a windows operating system from a xbox to computer by using a usb to usb cable? Like download the operating system onto the xbox and transfer it?...
  5. Windows 10 reinstall stuck in choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reinstall stuck in choose an operating system: I had to factory reset my Lenovo laptop. I chose Install Windows locally and let it do its thing. However when it restarted it went to the "Choose and operating system" page, chiices being: Windows 10 and Windows 10, then screen goes black then reboots and repeat....
  6. Reinstalling Corrupted Operating System.

Reinstalling Corrupted Operating System.: Hi, I am using Dell Inspirion 3505 Laptop. It was pre installed with Windows 10 Home. I enrolled into Windows Insider Program to get The Early Build of Windows 11 .I was using it on a daily basis. Suddenly the OS got corrupted and I could not recover anything.Luckily I have...
  7. reinstall windows 10 pro on oem system

reinstall windows 10 pro on oem system: hey all Need some help!!! i have a oem system that I just bought about 2 months ago. it was upgraded to a window 10 pro 64 legally. when Microsoft did there wonderful update on april 14th my files got corrupt and now i can do anything. I downloaded iso files from...
  8. Windows 10 Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Operating System: More of a statement than a question, I suppose. After the most recent Windows update earlier this month, my hard drive crashed. Every single time an update comes through I have to uninstall it and wait for a fix meanwhile spending hours of my own time tech supporting this...
  9. Installing the Windows 10 Pro operating system

Installing the Windows 10 Pro operating system: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on installing Windows 10 Pro. Dear Sir / Madam, Please give me the steps to install the Windows 10 Pro operating system along with pictures of how to install the operating system. I am waiting for an...
  10. Issues getting windows 10 reinstalled, shows 2 operating systems

Issues getting windows 10 reinstalled, shows 2 operating systems: Okay computer in question was having some issues, seemed to have borrowed down and repaired by updating bios so now I'd like to put windows 10 back on the system but I seem to have a problem. i boot the disc no problem at all, click install and selected the hard drive, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reinstall the operating system

2. reinstall windows pro operating system

3. windows 10 pro reload os