Windows 10: Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password

Discus and support Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a used HP desktop PC running Windows 10, and the previous owner did not know the password to the only User Account on the machine. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MyNameIsBill, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password

I purchased a used HP desktop PC running Windows 10, and the previous owner did not know the password to the only User Account on the machine. The owner was not able to provide the Windows 10 product key, and it is not shown anywhere on the PC. I need to perform a fresh install of Windows 10 to clear the user account issue. My question is will Windows 10 be reactivated after the reinstall? If not how do I get the product key to reactivate. TIA.

:)

MyNameIsBill, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password :(

Zakin, Dec 19, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password

1. Reinstall of Windows 10 on PC with User Account without Password - Similar Threads - Reinstall User Account

2. How to reinstall windows without any passwords or keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows without any passwords or keys: My old university gave me a computer to use while I worked for them, which I later purchased. The computer needs to be formatted and the Windows operating system needs to be reinstalled. The university does not have any password that is valid on my computer. And the computer...
  3. Windows 10 account login without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 account login without password: Hello,I would like to know if there is any way to log into my computer using my Microsoft account without using my password or any other ID on one specific computer. The PC is at home and the whole family uses it. Nobody else will have any access to it so it's just annoying...
  4. Windows 10 account login without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 account login without password: Hello,I would like to know if there is any way to log into my computer using my Microsoft account without using my password or any other ID on one specific computer. The PC is at home and the whole family uses it. Nobody else will have any access to it so it's just annoying...
  5. Windows 10 account login without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. User Account Password

User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  7. Microsoft account without password

Microsoft account without password: First of all, sorry for bad english I was wondering if it is possible to have a microsoft account on pc and make it so it doesn't require password to login or do anything with admin privlages? I know that it poses a risk to privacy, and it is not a good practise to have...
  8. user account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....
  9. Windows 10 user account password

Windows 10 user account password: I seem to have set up my Windows 10 PC with a different password from that of my Microsoft account. My children recently discovered the user account that I use, this is the administrator on the PC so I wanted to change it. When I did this I was asked for the old password but...
  10. Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10: How to: Reset Password of User Account in Windows 10 How to Reset Password of Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 If you have a local account on the PC, then your Windows password is what you use to sign in to your user account in Windows on the PC. If...