Windows 10: REinstall of Windows 10 set up

Discus and support REinstall of Windows 10 set up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just reinstalled Windows 10. Had it before, went back to 8.1. This is so frustrating I might go back to 8.1 again! Firstly it made my fonts so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by maxxxam, Dec 29, 2018.

1. maxxxam Win User

REinstall of Windows 10 set up

Hi, I just reinstalled Windows 10. Had it before, went back to 8.1. This is so frustrating I might go back to 8.1 again!

Firstly it made my fonts so tiny I have to squint at my monitor!

I cannot set up a favorites bar. It says to select an icon that is a STAR with lines on it, THEN go to the Favorites star and save it. There is NO STAR with lines through it. This is important to me because I use several site all the time.

then Win 10 will not remember passwords even if that is ticked.

Each time I tried to import favorites it just froze and I had to shut down computer. I am having to use Firefox for this.

There is no way to BLOCK a website. I want to get rid of AOL completely because it is so intrusive!

Toshiba Satellite with 1 TB and 8 G RAM.

Thanks for any suggestions to make it work!

Joe

:)

maxxxam, Dec 29, 2018
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 29, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! REinstall of Windows 10 set up :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. REinstall of Windows 10 set up - Similar Threads - REinstall set

2. how to reinstall win11 settings in build 22521

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reinstall win11 settings in build 22521: need access to download settings module https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-win11-settings-in-build-22521/1291d95b-ae2f-43d2-a1ba-810a8b72786a
  3. how to reinstall win11 settings in build 22521

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to reinstall win11 settings in build 22521: need access to download settings module https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-win11-settings-in-build-22521/1291d95b-ae2f-43d2-a1ba-810a8b72786a
  4. ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need...: ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need to contact it help desk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-just-reinstalled-windows-and-now-it-wont-let/52564177-7bab-4770-b76d-320de5c7888c
  5. ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need...

ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need...: ive just reinstalled windows and now it wont let me access antivirus settings? sais i need to contact it help desk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-just-reinstalled-windows-and-now-it-wont-let/52564177-7bab-4770-b76d-320de5c7888c
  6. Can you set a limit to how many times an failed update tries to reinstall, like 3x before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you set a limit to how many times an failed update tries to reinstall, like 3x before...: One time I had +1700 failed attempts to install one impassable update, before I disabled all updates completely, stuck at 1709. I couldn't get it fixed, and needed to get real work done, not hogging my 14k throttled connection. I stayed that way for 2 years, until now. I...
  7. Can you set a limit to how many times an failed update tries to reinstall, like 3x before...

Can you set a limit to how many times an failed update tries to reinstall, like 3x before...: One time I had +1700 failed attempts to install one impassable update, before I disabled all updates completely, stuck at 1709. I couldn't get it fixed, and needed to get real work done, not hogging my 14k throttled connection. I stayed that way for 2 years, until now. I...
  8. Can you set a limit to how many times an failed update tries to reinstall, like 3x before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...: Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings or files as well as personal files. What I'm trying to do is do a Windows Repair on my Computer....
  10. Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings...: Can I Reinstall Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with out loosing my installed Program data, settings or files as well as personal files. What I'm trying to do is do a Windows Repair on my Computer....