Windows 10: Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

Discus and support Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem: Short: No connection to internet. Expanded: Purchased a refurbished Surface Laptop running on Windows 10. Arrived and started up on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M.Gorman, Apr 24, 2020.

1. M.Gorman Win User

Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

Problem:

Short: No connection to internet.

Expanded: Purchased a refurbished Surface Laptop running on Windows 10. Arrived and started up on the 16th. Installed SIMS, game files, and transferred some photos and videos. Running fine until the 18th, when it would not connect to the internet.

Computer and software are functioning otherwise.

Surface Pro laptop

64 bit OS

8GB Ram

i5-7200U CPU @ 2.5 GHz 2.71Ghz

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1903

installed on 4/18/2020

OS build 18362.778

Question:

What is my next step to fix?

Should I go ahead and "reset this PC"? if so, what are the consequences of going past "This PC was recently upgraded to Windows 10. If you Reset this PC, you won't be able to undo the upgrade and go back to the previous version of Windows."?

It seems that that upgrade automatic is when the driver became InOp...? Many thanks in advance. Details below on what I've tried so far.

Diagnostics & Attempts to correct:

1. Check network status:

> Troubleshoot >

Windows Network Diagnostics

"Install a driver for your network adapter

Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

> NEXT >

"Problems found

Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter Detected [ERROR - yellow Tri !]

>View detailed Information>

Troubleshooting report

Issues found

Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter Detected [ERROR - yellow Tri !]

Install a driver for your network adapter Completed

Issues found

Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, the drivers for the adapter may not be installed correctly.

Install a driver for your network adapter Completed

Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver.

Detection details

i Network Diagnostics Log

File Name: 67C0BB0A-6574-4901-99F2-E9ABD24A1EAC.Diagnose.0.etl

i Other Networking Configuration and Logs

File Name: ...etc...

Collection informtion

Computer Name: xyz

Windows Version: 10.0

Architecture: x64

Time: recent

Publisher details

Detects problems with network connectivity.

Package Version: 4.0

Pubisher: Microsoft Windows"

2. Change Adapter Options

Under "Change Network Settings">"Change adapter settings"> "This folder is empty"

3. Update Network Adapters

Under "Device Manager">"Network Adapters"

A - Each driver does not show an error or alert logo. 8 adapters in total:

IKEv2, IP, IPv6, L2TP, Network Monitor, PPPOE, PPTP, SSTP

B- Attempted to individually update each driver by right clicking over each driver and selecting "update driver">"search automatically for updated driver software" -> RESULT: "The best drivers...are already installed".

4. Recovery > System Restore

No Restore points have been created. User create new point and proceeded. RESULT: Recovery Failed. Found a restore point dated 18-April of type: Unistall. Ran Recovery again. RESULT approx 1h15 min :

System Restore did not complete sucessfully. Your computer system files and settings were not changed

Details: System restore failed in delayed delete operation for the file:

\??\{series}\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windowns\AppRepository\Packages\Microsoft.Office.Desktop....\GAC_MSIL\Policy.14.0.office\......0xc000003a

You can try System Restart again and choose a different restore point. If continue to see this error, you can try an advanced method"

5. Updated each driver then restarted system.

6. Updated each driver then shutdown system and unplugged for 1 hour.

7. User may have attempted additional methods not included.

:)

M.Gorman, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Apr 24, 2020
  3. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

no wifi driver in Network Adapter

We appreciate your response. You can try to reinstall your Wi-Fi driver by scanning for hardware changes. Follow the steps below:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • Click the Action tab.
    • Select Scan for hardware changes and follow the prompts to reinstall the missing driver.

If the issue persists, kindly provide us a screenshot of what you are seeing in the
    Device Manager under Network Adapters.

Looking forward for an update.

Kristine Arp, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters

1. Reinstall or fix drivers for network adapters - Similar Threads - Reinstall fix drivers

2. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.: I have a surface pro 2 that claims the network adapter has an up to date driver, but I still cannot connect to the internet. It claims that the WiFi driver is enabled, but cannot detect any networks. Hard line still works. I have tried:Restarting to install the driver it...
  3. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.: I have a surface pro 2 that claims the network adapter has an up to date driver, but I still cannot connect to the internet. It claims that the WiFi driver is enabled, but cannot detect any networks. Hard line still works. I have tried:Restarting to install the driver it...
  4. Surface pro 2 Network adapter drivers will not reinstall.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Network Adapter Driver Won't Reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Network Adapter Driver Won't Reinstall: I updated my wireless network adaptor driver today earlier today and after I restarted my computer the network adaptor completely stopped working. I am on a laptop with built in network adapter. I'm running Windows 10.After the driver update, the Wi-Fi access button...
  6. Wireless Network Adapter Driver Won't Reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter Driver Won't Reinstall: I updated my wireless network adaptor driver today earlier today and after I restarted my computer the network adaptor completely stopped working. I am on a laptop with built in network adapter. I'm running Windows 10.After the driver update, the Wi-Fi access button...
  7. Wireless Network Adapter Driver Won't Reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network Adapter Driver: Since I upgraded to Windows 10, I had some issues with audio and video so i used LatencyMon, which told me i have problems with the Network driver, so i tried updating it. My Network adapter is: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS 6.30 I...
  9. Network Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Adapter Driver: Recently I've been having the "Cannot Connect to this network" problem. I've looked around to fix it, and I found a website that instructed the following: Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console. .. Expand the "Network Adapters"...
  10. Driver for Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver for Network Adapter: I have a Aspire R5-571T running Windows 10 64 bit operating system. I got this laptop in February this year. I recieved it at my college and thus set it up on the the college Wi-Fi. Went home for summer and when I returned to college my laptop started acting strange. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows network drivers windows 10