Windows 10: Reinstall OS

Discus and support Reinstall OS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by fredreed1, Aug 21, 2018.

1. fredreed1 Win User

Reinstall OS

I recently installed the linuxOS but now I want to go back to using windows 10 but the main HDD is not formatted as the NTFS file system is there anyway to reinstall windows 10.

I contacted HP but they said this type of problem is not covered under my warranty because of the type of issue It is.

:)

fredreed1, Aug 21, 2018

2. OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

You didn't understand it at all... You think that SSE matters me most... I want to know the behavior of the OS if it really knows that it is a different CPU and energy saving, Speed Step, Core Boost features also work... as on Penryn not Merom... Bitwise the bitset flags for cpu are compatible... therefor they work...

Same could be also seen when upgrading to Bulldozer from older K10.5 gen, as it also introduces new instruction sets and features...

So again... I want a solid answer.

Yes - I've replaced CPU benched, after OS reinstall it benched faster and Battery lasted longer etc...

NO - OS reinstall isn't need, M$ are cool cats and their win 7 OS is aware of fundamental hardware changes.

Ferrum Master, Aug 21, 2018
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    OS reinstall needed after upgrading CPU?

There are no core boost features in either CPU, speedstep will work regardless as it's an underlying issue that is taken care of in the bios, look in CPU-Z does it tell you what instruction sets the CPU has? yes: good then you are set to go /thread.

NdMk2o1o, Aug 21, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Reinstall OS

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstall OS :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall OS

1. Reinstall OS - Similar Threads - Reinstall

2. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  3. wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows...: wifi disconnects when bluetooth is on windows 11 --- i tried reinstalling windows reinstalling drivers updating drivers nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-disconnects-when-bluetooth-is-on-windows-11-i/e240c14a-295b-4492-883e-375568836b54
  4. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  5. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10: I reinstalled Windows 10 because the Windows Updates kept failing and it would not recognize a USB device. After reinstallation, Windows Updates complete successfully and the USB device is recognized. But the computer is now crashing frequently all with different errors....
  6. Blue screen crashes after reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  8. windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver

windows 11 device manager does not show Bluetooth how to reinstall Bluetooth driver: Bluetooth not recognising discoverable devices https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-device-manager-does-not-show-bluetooth/1d706c57-9a39-421c-8619-a5257cd45bf5
  9. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  10. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...