Windows 10: Reinstall printer

Discus and support Reinstall printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I mistakenly removed my printer and can't get it back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YolandaArnold, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Reinstall printer

I mistakenly removed my printer and can't get it back.

:)

YolandaArnold, Oct 8, 2018

2. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 8, 2018
  3. rjr45## Win User
    trying to reinstall a printer, in order to get it online again...difficulty

H aving trouble reinstalling a printer (on windows 10) after uninstalling it, with the intention of reinstalling it again. have changed my network name and password, so is that why it suddenly was suddenly off lineÉ

also, when i went through the steps to reinstall, it showed me the printer i have was not on the list to choose from........how can i get it back on the list, so i can continue the reinstalling process

rjr45##, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Reinstall printer

reinstall printer scanner

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Follow the method provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the Windows update Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter
      and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security,
    • Click on Windows Updates.

Method 2: Update printer drivers.

I suggest you to update your printer drivers.

• Press Windows logo key + X Key.
    • Select device manager.
    • Right click on the printer driver in device manager.
    • Click on Update driver software.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the printer drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 3:

Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall printer

1. Reinstall printer - Similar Threads - Reinstall printer

2. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  3. Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps show Canon printer as available after being uninstalled - Can't reinstall: Current version of Windows 11 - Problem has been in place for a few weeks now.Originally had problems printing a pdf document that seemed to stop the print spooler. Document prints fine on Windows 10.Even with restarting the spooler I couldn't get anything to print at...
  4. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  5. Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled

Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled: Trying to reinstall printer, but printer not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-printer-not-listed/bb6bebdb-2407-4a9a-9e3b-0e6d4a06f112
  6. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  7. I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....

I am trying to reinstall printer but my printer is not listed and I can't add this printer....: I am trying to reinstall my printer but the printer is not listed. It is the same printer I uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reinstall-printer-but-my-printer-is/52acc357-df56-456f-9b2f-55c6f05d1381
  8. Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11: Hi everyone, I was having an issue with my HP Printer web services as I subscribe to HP Instant Ink, so I reset the printer and removed the HP Smart App from my Windows 11 Laptop & removed the Printer from the device manager.After resetting the Printer I re-installed HP Smart...
  9. Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11

Uninstalling & Reinstalling Printer on Windows 11: Hi everyone, I was having an issue with my HP Printer web services as I subscribe to HP Instant Ink, so I reset the printer and removed the HP Smart App from my Windows 11 Laptop & removed the Printer from the device manager.After resetting the Printer I re-installed HP Smart...
  10. Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?

Is it possible to reinstall a HP Laser Jet Pro M402 printer on a Windows 7 Pro Desktop PC?: I relocated my desktop PC windows 7 Pro and pNp HP m402 Laser Jet Pro printer to another room in my home. After I plugged everything back in the printer would not print. I saw a troubleshooting message that said "there is a problem with the driver for Microsoft Teredo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall my printer to my windows 10 hp laptop

2. reinstall printer after it was Deleated afer runnin anti Malware.

3. how to unistall and reinstall a hp printer