Windows 10: Reinstall problem

Discus and support Reinstall problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded Media Creation Tool to create an install disk of Windows 10 upgrade for a friends laptop. I followed instructions and when writing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MurAc, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MurAc Win User

Reinstall problem

I downloaded Media Creation Tool to create an install disk of Windows 10 upgrade for a friends laptop.

I followed instructions and when writing to the USB, the program also installed tried to to my pc. Now my PC keeps asking for the proper boot device.

I can't chance losing everything I have. My PC came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home and I can't find my backup Win10 disk.

My PC is an ACER and I understand from Microsoft that I have to ask ACER for a copy of the disk, but I get no reply from them.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

MurAc, Jan 20, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstall problem :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Reinstall problem

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall problem

1. Reinstall problem - Similar Threads - Reinstall problem

2. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...: I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time it's always coming after 15-20 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-problem-this-is-the-second-time/ed2f2ff8-7172-4674-a843-a1ea58818199
  3. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...: I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time it's always coming after 15-20 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-getting-this-problem-this-is-the-second-time/ed2f2ff8-7172-4674-a843-a1ea58818199
  4. I am getting this problem this is the second time ,I reinstalled my os two time what might...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CSS problem with every website and every browser, even after clean windows11 ios reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CSS problem with every website and every browser, even after clean windows11 ios reinstall: When I load into the website, I'll notice that the CSS is missing on certain websites. Some things are not loading in, such as broken images. I reinstalled Windows from a IOS fresh reinstall, and this problem still displayed. I have used, Microsoft Edge, chrome, and Brave in...
  6. CSS problem with every website and every browser, even after clean windows11 ios reinstall

CSS problem with every website and every browser, even after clean windows11 ios reinstall: When I load into the website, I'll notice that the CSS is missing on certain websites. Some things are not loading in, such as broken images. I reinstalled Windows from a IOS fresh reinstall, and this problem still displayed. I have used, Microsoft Edge, chrome, and Brave in...
  7. Hello , have problem with reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello , have problem with reinstall.: have A trouble need to reinstal į think . But į cant Do anything becouse į cant see any files …. And cant see comands Much to.recyle į found but cant open Zzz...
  8. Hello , have problem with reinstall.

Hello , have problem with reinstall.: have A trouble need to reinstal į think . But į cant Do anything becouse į cant see any files …. And cant see comands Much to.recyle į found but cant open Zzz...
  9. Hello , have problem with reinstall.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Problem in updating my Dell Inspiron 3593 device after an reinstall of Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem in updating my Dell Inspiron 3593 device after an reinstall of Windows 11.: I have reinstalled my Windows 11 by formatting my disc. But, now after reinstalling my windows in not getting an update to 23h2, and the latest cumulative update is installed. "2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5032190". How can I...