Windows 10: reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium

Discus and support reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old laptop, initially bought with win 7 home premium. I updated to Win 10 and run for a long time. I had a somehow a malfunction on the SSD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FlorinPop1, Aug 8, 2018.

1. reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium

I have an old laptop, initially bought with win 7 home premium.

I updated to Win 10 and run for a long time.

I had a somehow a malfunction on the SSD that made the win10 to crash.

I didn't have a restore point or a backup made.

Please help reinstall the windows.

Thank you.

Best regards,

FlorPop1

:)

FlorinPop1, Aug 8, 2018

2. Reinstalling Win7

Hey all,

Nub question, but need reassurance before I do this.

I want to reinstall Win7 on my SSD and don't want to lose the data on my 2 other HDDs in the rig (2tb data drive is essential to not lose w/ the reinstall). If I pop the discs in and completely format the OS drive, reinstall, and run.... will the system just recognize the new "old" hdds??? Thanks

jasper1605, Aug 8, 2018
  3. UV10 Win User
    activesync for win7

hi,

i have an old PDA device that runs win-CE 4. i used to sync it with my old laptop running windows XP with activesync. All worked fine. now my new laptop has win7 and it would not sync.

I read somewhere that win7 has a new sync application. however, my old device doesn't support it. Is there anyway to work around this?

thanks!

UV10, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Jingalea Win User

reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium

Reinstalled (same) Win7 Pro but the Win 10 applet did not return

I reserved win 10 via the applet, then decided to reinstall win 7 Pro (64b) to have a fresh installation prior to upgrading to win 10, using the reinstall partition. However the win 10 applet has not re-appeared. The reinstalled win7 has been activated...

How do I get the win7 applet back so I can access my reservation?

Thanks, Ron

Jingalea, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium

1. reinstall win 10 in an old laptop from Win7 home premium - Similar Threads - reinstall old laptop

2. Upgrade Computer with Win7 Home Premium SP1 from purchase. No money. Options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Computer with Win7 Home Premium SP1 from purchase. No money. Options?: Hi,Computer with Win7 Home Premium SP1 installed from new purchase we made.No money, illness in family.Options?There are many security related programs that will not install.Or install with less security.There are IE problems.The list goes on. Is there any AU Microsoft...
  3. Win7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Home Premium: I am replacing a hard drive in an elderly person's Win7 computer. Forget about upgrading.They didn't keep the install disk. I have the original product key on back of laptop.Is there anyway to get an iso for Win 7 home premium?...
  4. Win7 Home Premium

Win7 Home Premium: I am replacing a hard drive in an elderly person's Win7 computer. Forget about upgrading.They didn't keep the install disk. I have the original product key on back of laptop.Is there anyway to get an iso for Win 7 home premium?...
  5. WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL: WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-home-premium-coa-label/1d1f4336-5668-47ad-9cd8-51e0563f832d
  6. WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL

WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL: WIN7 HOME PREMIUM COA LABEL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win7-home-premium-coa-label/1d1f4336-5668-47ad-9cd8-51e0563f832d
  7. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  8. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  9. Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium: I Just found your site - amazing! Planning to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 Home Premium. All the chat talks about Win 7 Pro and Win 10 Pro. Will the procedures be the same for my upgrade? I do have my Win 7 Product Key. 145738
  10. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd