Windows 10: Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop

Discus and support Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dell xps tower with intel 7 that came with Windows 10. I tried a full restore because some files are corrupted but it did not help. Can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Candp52, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Candp52 Win User

Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop

I have a dell xps tower with intel 7 that came with Windows 10. I tried a full restore because some files are corrupted but it did not help. Can I download the windows 10 from microsoft to reinstall it and do I have to pay for it or not. Any help would be appreciated

:)

Candp52, Sep 11, 2018
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 11, 2018
  3. dick cee Win User
    dell d630 wifi trouble win 10

Thanks for you suggestion, but I need clarification. Are you suggesting after installing Windows 10, I download dell windows 7 64 bit lan drivers (The latest drivers offered by dell for a d630) and try installing them in compat mode? Or are you suggesting
    the latest dell lan drivers for all lap tops which are for windows 8.1, but I would have to say I have a different model laptop, just to make the dell 8.1 drivers available for download? I see a compatibility option for applications, but I don't see it with
    drivers. I don't want to just "try" what your suggesting, because it necessitates reinstalling win 10 just to have a look.

dick cee, Sep 11, 2018
  4. JohnFyffe Win User

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall win 10 on dell desktop - Similar Threads - Reinstall dell desktop

2. Reinstall Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10: Old SSD harddrive has corrupted with loss of everything. It is being replaced with a new SSD. How do I go about reinstalling Win 10 on the new SSD? Original was installed by Dell....
  3. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reinstall win 10: Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter...
  4. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reinstall win 10: Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter...
  5. reinstall win 10

6. reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstall win 10: My sony vaio crashed a couple of days ago. None of the recovery options available have worked. I downloaded an ISO for win 10 from the MS website on to an ntfs formatted usb stick and changed the bios to boot from an external source which hasn't worked either. The laptop is...
  7. Reinstalled win 10

Reinstalled win 10: I REALLY THOUGHT EVERYTHING WAS OK NOT:OH I HAVE REINSTALLED WIN 10 BECAUSE UPDATES ADVANCED OPTIONS ONLY CAN CLICK ON TOP BUTTON AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE DOWNLOAD BUTTON WILL NOT STAY ON GOES IMMEDIATELY TO OFF OH PLEASE HELP? i WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE SOME HELP?...
  8. Win 10 reinstall

Win 10 reinstall: I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368
  9. Win 10 reinstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reinstall: I want to format my win 10 witch i download from internet wen it was still free . How does it work will i got win 10 back again 117368
  10. Reinstalling win 10

Reinstalling win 10: Hi I want to reinstall a laptop currently installed with Pro x32 version and I have few questions please. Would the activation key still be valid if I will install the x64 version (Machine has a x64 CPU). I am not sure whether the current installation is a "upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell reinstall win10