Windows 10: Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7

Discus and support Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A computer glitch during a download (in Win 10) required that the only way to start up ( I tried several programs that wouldn't work-Intermediate to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Funkyecat, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7

A computer glitch during a download (in Win 10) required that the only way to start up ( I tried several programs that wouldn't work-Intermediate to advanced
    user). The recovery loaded the original Win 7. I had loaded Win 10 free during appropriate time period. Is there away to get Win 10 to reload free. (Does MS maintain any info that would allow this?)

:)

Funkyecat, Aug 1, 2017

2. Hard drive does not appear for Win 10 Install

Yes, I was able to install Win 10 onto a new HD. I was unable to reinstall Win 10 onto the original HD, unfortunately.

AndrewSDVM, Aug 1, 2017
  3. Installing Windows 10 on a new hard drive

How would I reinstall win 7, it came with my laptop, there's no disc or anything?

Is it possible to just directly install win 10 through the flash drive that I used to install onto my faulty HD?

Is the diagnosing error a problem with win 10 or is it my HD? And I installed win 10 using my flash drive, which my BIOS doesn't detect.

jack smith_767, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

If your Win10 was Activated then Yes, Microsoft maintains a digital licensing database. I'd try getting the MCT/Media Creation Tool and running it to get either an .iso download or create a bootable USB Thumb drive to reinstall Win10. Use a minimum 8GB drive, everything on it will be lost during the formatting. I can't get the correct link as I'm on a macOS just now but a Search on the 'net for Media Creation Tool will bring up some choices.

Berton, Aug 1, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
  6. sml156 Win User
    Some people prefer using this tool from HeiDoc.net
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

sml156, Aug 1, 2017
  7. Funkyecat Win User
    I am trying the Media creation tool. Right now building Wifi is extremely slow

Funkyecat, Aug 1, 2017
  8. sml156 Win User

sml156, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7 - Similar Threads - Reinstall onto

2. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  3. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  4. I want to reinstall 360 64 bit onto my pc, which it was on. T

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reinstall 360 64 bit onto my pc, which it was on. T: I had a glitch and had to uninstall. Now I keep getting a notice I an downloading the wrong version, however I cannot find the 64 BIt.The only option I get is the 34. I have tried uninstalling using the tool and reinstalling and it is not working.1. Office Setup didn't...
  5. I want to reinstall 360 64 bit onto my pc, which it was on. T

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall 360 64 bit onto my pc, which it was on. T: I had a glitch and had to uninstall. Now I keep getting a notice I an downloading the wrong version, however I cannot find the 64 BIt.The only option I get is the 34. I have tried uninstalling using the tool and reinstalling and it is not working.1. Office Setup didn't...
  6. I want to reinstall 360 64 bit onto my pc, which it was on. T

7. Cannot activate Windows 11 after installing on wrong drive then reinstalling onto correct drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 11 after installing on wrong drive then reinstalling onto correct drive: I recently purchased a new NVME SSD and installed it into my system. My system before upgrade consisted of a SATA SSD was the boot drive and a HDD.I then unfortunately installed windows 11 and successfully activated it on my empty hard drive instead of my new NVME SSD. Not my...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 11 after installing on wrong drive then reinstalling onto correct drive

Cannot activate Windows 11 after installing on wrong drive then reinstalling onto correct drive: I recently purchased a new NVME SSD and installed it into my system. My system before upgrade consisted of a SATA SSD was the boot drive and a HDD.I then unfortunately installed windows 11 and successfully activated it on my empty hard drive instead of my new NVME SSD. Not my...
  9. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...
  10. Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?

Is it possible to reinstall recovery drive files onto an existing recovery drive?: Last time I used my recovery drive, my PC ran into an error in the second phase which resulted in severely limited options in the bluescreen menu. Attempting to recover from the recovery drive at this point just immediately resulted in an error. In a last ditch effort to fix...