Windows 10: reinstall win 10

Discus and support reinstall win 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My sony vaio crashed a couple of days ago. None of the recovery options available have worked. I downloaded an ISO for win 10 from the MS website on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by seanThotmail, Jun 14, 2019.

1. reinstall win 10

My sony vaio crashed a couple of days ago. None of the recovery options available have worked. I downloaded an ISO for win 10 from the MS website on to an ntfs formatted usb stick and changed the bios to boot from an external source which hasn't worked either. The laptop is about 6 years old and came with win 8 pre-installed (no discs available ) which auto updated to free win 10 a couple of years ago.

The question is this.. how on earth do i re-install an new version of win 10 on to the machine??

It appears not to boot from the stick, and infact although the bios is set to boot from external device it appears to just keep going round in circles with the auto repair loop. I have shut it down and restarted it many times with different options and usb ports.

Do i have to revert back to win8 as a fresh install and upgrade again? and if so how? In the past it was a simple case of popping in the OS cd but seems not anymore.

Thanks for anyone's help

:)

seanThotmail, Jun 14, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 14, 2019
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Jun 14, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

reinstall win 10

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond reinstall win 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

reinstall win 10

1. reinstall win 10 - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  3. How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall Windows 11 after replacing hard drive, if I did not make a bootable USB?: The hard drive on my son's laptop has died. I did not make a bootable USB drive for his computer. If I replace the hard drive, how can I reinstall Windows 11 without purchasing Windows again?I read that I can go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo..., select...
  4. I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?: I bought a computer in Japan I live here and had to reinstall Windows 11 to make the system show English since it came in Japanese, but now it seems many of my drivers - including graphics, audio, mousepad, and fingerprint reader drivers and, I`m willing to bet, many others -...
  5. I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?

I reinstalled Windows 11 to change the OS language, but now my drivers are gone?: I bought a computer in Japan I live here and had to reinstall Windows 11 to make the system show English since it came in Japanese, but now it seems many of my drivers - including graphics, audio, mousepad, and fingerprint reader drivers and, I`m willing to bet, many others -...
  6. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  7. How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?

How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall?: How do I recover my Windows PC Angry Birds 2 progress after having to reinstall? I never had the option to connect to Facebook either. I wasnt able to join a clan that I was invited to becuz I always got the "Oh No Something Went Wrong" message then it would kick me from the...
  8. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  9. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  10. Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant activate my win 11 pro after reinstall the system: Error 0xC004C003The activation server determined the specified product key is blocked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-activate-my-win-11-pro-after-reinstall-the/2bfea9d2-94a1-4f48-b37e-18be1890cd94