Windows 10: reinstall win 10

Discus and support reinstall win 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PABresler, Apr 24, 2022.

1. PABresler Win User

reinstall win 10

Win 10 got corrupted on a desktop when I tried to upgrade the SSD. I downloaded and made an iso copy from another laptop. Can I use that in the desktop.? When I try to boot from the disk the Windows icon appears, but then nothing happens.Peter

:)

PABresler, Apr 24, 2022

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Apr 24, 2022
  3. Fresh Install of Win 10 without Serial Key?

Looking to reformat a laptops HDD, and then reinstall Win 10 fresh. The problem is it came pre-installed with Win 8 and I did the free upgrade to Win 10. How exactly would I re-format the HDD, reinstall Win 10 and ensure it reactivates properly? I don't see a Win 8 serial key anywhere in the contents of the box.

Flogger23m, Apr 24, 2022
  4. reinstall win 10

Wipe a dual boot machine and reinstall Win 10?

I have an old machine that started out on Win 7. I updated/upgraded over the years and it now has two SSDs one with Win 7, the other with Win 10. I created the dual boot a long time ago from the Win 7 drive.

I'm worried wiping will negate my Win 10 lisence since it was an upgrade not the original OS. I have the original Win 7 serial, but I don't think that is relevent to the process any more.
    At any rate, I'd like to give the machine to an elderly neighbor, so I need to wipe it and reinstall Win 10. I don't know where to begin. Anyone able to point me in the right direction, for a step by step?

CalypsoArt, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

reinstall win 10

1. reinstall win 10 - Similar Threads - reinstall

2. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  3. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  4. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  5. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  6. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

7. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build: I have a computer I built with Windows 10. When the upgrade to 11 came out, my chipset did not support it. I want to build a new PC, and use my Windows 10 license on it--which should then allow me to upgrade to 11.Can I do that, or will Windows prevent it? It doesn't seem...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build: I have a computer I built with Windows 10. When the upgrade to 11 came out, my chipset did not support it. I want to build a new PC, and use my Windows 10 license on it--which should then allow me to upgrade to 11.Can I do that, or will Windows prevent it? It doesn't seem...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Reinstall windows on company laptop

Reinstall windows on company laptop: Hi all, I've recently bought a Dell Precision 5530 from a charity shop - it was running fine with Windows 11 ProAs it's a 2nd hand I did a clean install of windows, however after that it I get the 'setting up for work or school' and it install some programsI am then left to...