Windows 10: Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10

Discus and support Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 deleted my wifi card and some how deleted wifi on my win 7 so I have image of win 7, when I try to put image of 7 back it wants to format the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vtails, Jun 28, 2016.

1. vtails Win User

Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10

Win 10 deleted my wifi card and some how deleted wifi on my win 7 so I have image of win 7, when I try to put image of 7 back it wants to format the whole drive. I just want to put win 7 image back hope it fixes the wifi card issue on both 7 & 10. I let win 7 update and it killed wifi and my touch pad on Dell 1501 laptop.I made repair disk for 7 but it doesnt ask which partition to put image back to and 10 was next to impossilbe to find drv. for I dont want to lose.Have 7 on ext H/D .I'm having to use my cell to search for help so its difficult .

:)

vtails, Jun 28, 2016

2. winload.exe not loading at start up D: windows 7 c: windows 10

I had a duel boot thinkpad with win 7 and win 8.1. I installed windows ten over win8.1 with my files kept, but had lockup issues so I did a reset of windows ten. At startup no option to choose windows 7 although it is in tack on drive D. Any help?

comp001020064028, Jun 28, 2016
  3. boot manager

When win 10 became available I downloaded it and created a dual boot pc. Win 7 on C drive and Win 10 on D partition. Liked Win 10 so followed the following steps to make pc Win 10 only. Upgraded to Win 10 on C drive, eliminated and wiped D partition. Am
    using selective startup. Now when booting, get boot screen with Win 7 or Win 10 choice, (but only have Win 10, Version 1511, on pc). If choose Win 10 pc unzips repair files, tries to fix windows and fails, tells me to choose Win 7. So I chose Win 7 and pc
    boots into Win 10. So I opened msconfig, checked boot tab and have Win 7 listed as current and default OS and Win 10 below it. But I don't have Win 7 any longer. How can I fix this without reinstalling Win 10? Also thought going back to normal startup may
    help, but when selecting normal startup and restarting computer, windows resets to selective startup. Hate the thought of wiping hard drive and reloading windows and programs.

Thanks for any help.

Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10 [​IMG]

Pumpkin Patch, Jun 28, 2016
Thema:

Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10

1. Reinstall win 7 image on duel boot with win 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall image duel

2. Reinstal Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstal Win 7: I Installed Win 11 on my old laptop, but its so slow I want to reinstall Win 7 before I sell it. I get msg "..........partitions not in recommended order..." What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstal-win-7/8dd08ed6-8d23-4ff9-9c50-7402805e6781
  3. Reinstal Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstal Win 7: I Installed Win 11 on my old laptop, but its so slow I want to reinstall Win 7 before I sell it. I get msg "..........partitions not in recommended order..." What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstal-win-7/8dd08ed6-8d23-4ff9-9c50-7402805e6781
  4. Duel Boot PC:Win 10 and Win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duel Boot PC:Win 10 and Win 7: Win 10, with IE 11 connects and goes online OK. However,Win 7 with IE 8 says its connected, but it will not actually go online. It states '' Internet Explorer cannot display web page". I also installed CROME along with Win 7 and it goes online okay except it loads 5 pages...
  5. Duel Boot PC:Win 10 and Win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duel Boot PC:Win 10 and Win 7: Win 10, with IE 11 connects and goes online OK. However,Win 7 with IE 8 says its connected, but it will not actually go online. It states '' Internet Explorer cannot display web page". I also installed CROME along with Win 7 and it goes online okay except it loads 5 pages...
  6. Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win 7 on Win 10/ Win 7 dual boot system: My RAM failed resulting in corruption of Win 7 installation. Now I cannot boot to Win 7 at all. I can create another partition to install Win 7, copy and create a new partition for the MBR now allocated 3.65GB to restore after reloading Win 7, or try something else. I'm not...
  7. Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 onto Win 7: A computer glitch during a download (in Win 10) required that the only way to start up ( I tried several programs that wouldn't work-Intermediate to advanced user). The recovery loaded the original Win 7. I had loaded Win 10 free during appropriate time period. Is there...
  8. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  9. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  10. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...