Windows 10: Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

Discus and support Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RockyXvII, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again.

My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is it possible to re use the key?

submitted by /u/RockyXvII
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RockyXvII, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

Asked for a Win10 activation key when I updated from my Win7 Pro OEM

You have to reinstall your Win7 OEM and upgrade to Win10 from your old windows.

Good luck.

p/s: After upgraded to Win10 and active it, you can do a clean install without product key.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

1. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key. - Similar Threads - Reinstall Win10 old

2. Reinstall Win10 over OEM Win8.1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 over OEM Win8.1?: Hi all, So, I have just purchased all parts for a desktop build and want to repurpose my old MSI GT60-0NE. My question is, can I do a clean Win10 install and use the OEM key to activate it? Or will it be declined because it was an 8.1 key? Ideally I'd like to just use the...
  3. OEM WIN10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM WIN10: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-win10/35b29683-88c4-4146-9af7-0188387e2c61
  4. Win7 key to reinstall Win10

Win7 key to reinstall Win10: My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reinstall my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?...
  5. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM key: I am switching my Windows laptop to Linux, but I want to keep the possibility to revert to windows if I ever have the need to. Is it possible to save only the OEM key and reinstall the OS and have it properly activated? Do I need to keep an .iso image of the system?...
  6. Reinstallation oem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstallation oem: I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in...
  7. Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key

Cannot activate reinstalled Windows with OEM key: I've reinstalled my Windows 10 Home edition because it was Chinese and I wanted English. Turned out my key was a single-language Chinese key so I've downloaded the Chinese installer to reinstall the original system and activate it so that I can at least have a working...
  8. Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?

Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?: Hello, I have an OEM version of Windows 10 which I accidentally installed as Legacy, instead of UEFI. Now, I am trying to install Debian alongside of it, and I require UEFI. Can I reinstall Windows as UEFI without losing my OEM license?...
  9. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro OEM key invalid: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way...
  10. win10 oem

win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if i reinstall windows with oem key