Windows 10: Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user

Discus and support Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I bought earlier this year( came with windows 10 installed ) that is not going to suit my needs. I would like to do a clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Roguepoint, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user

I have a laptop that I bought earlier this year( came with windows 10 installed ) that is not going to suit my needs. I would like to do a clean reinstall of windows 10, and leave it activated, but leave final set up for end user that buys it. Is that possible ? Or do I have to set it up with such non descriptive info as User, or Owner ?

Thank You

:)

Roguepoint, Jun 2, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user

1. Reinstall windows 10, activate, leaving final setup for end user - Similar Threads - Reinstall activate leaving

2. windows 10 reinstalling and activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 reinstalling and activating: my windows 10 reinstalling and activation is not working . I have already installed but it was not activated and it is showing some error code ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstalling-and-activating/b082ec7b-3332-434c-b0e9-1a02791c8a2f
  3. Finalizing the Aptio setup utility loop cure - a possible formatting/reinstall?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Finalizing the Aptio setup utility loop cure - a possible formatting/reinstall?: After the reinstall my other laptop received a couple of days ago it is back to life most of time, although Aptio setup loop sometimes comes back. Maybe now, when I can at least access the PC it is time for proper formatting and reinstall from the USB media? As far as I see,...
  4. What options are there to finally leave the Windows Insider Preview???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What options are there to finally leave the Windows Insider Preview???: Unfortunately, half a year ago I made the mistake of installing a Windows 10 Insider Preview. Since then I have had countless problems USB no longer works, printing? no longer works, there are problems with all programs .... Unfortunately, Windows does not give the paying...
  5. Reinstalled Windows 10 Activation

Reinstalled Windows 10 Activation: I had a windows 10 which was freely upgraded from Windows 7 some years ago. Because of some freezes and crashes happened daily I decided to reinstall it. Depend on my surfs on the Microsoft website and Microsoft support suggestions, I assigned and linked my email address to...
  6. Windows 10 first user setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 first user setup.: I just received a new Dell desktop with Window 10 Pro. As the first user and going through the initial setup I can't get past the birth date entry to continue the setup. The setup will not accept any birth date I enter and as a result I cannot continue. Don't know what to...
  7. Never-ending Windows Activation

Never-ending Windows Activation: I've been receiving a watermark at the lower right of my display warning me Windows is not activated every single day for over a week now, even though I purchased this computer from Dell with Windows 10 Home pre-installed a few months short of two years ago an XPS 8920 tower....
  8. Activating a reinstalled Windows 10

Activating a reinstalled Windows 10: I already followed the steps mentioned in the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12440/windows-10-activate & nothing changed. I get the error code 0x87e10bc6 & when I press: go to Microsoft store, the store doesn't open. Please note that I reinstalled my free...
  9. Want to reinstall windows 10 and leave organization.

Want to reinstall windows 10 and leave organization.: So I bought a computer and the previous owner told me he had bought windows 10 but today I found out he had been using some organization which gives him free windows. I want to support the developers by buying it. Can I reset windows and leave the organization without losing...
  10. Administration user setup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user setup on Windows 10: I am running Windows 10. In Network and Sharing Centre, I am unable to turn on File and Printer Sharing. It allows me to select it but when I save and then go back in, it is turned off again. I have followed many threads in various forums but have been unable to come up...