Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine)

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop a few years ago with Windows 7 and then upgraded it to Windows 10. Windows 10 did not function well on the machine so I wiped the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeDoe6, Nov 19, 2019.

1. JoeDoe6 Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine)

I purchased a laptop a few years ago with Windows 7 and then upgraded it to Windows 10. Windows 10 did not function well on the machine so I wiped the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7. Now I would like to reinstall Windows 10, but I do not want to pay for Windows 10 since I already had it on the computer before. I cannot find any proof of the Windows 10 upgrade before, how can I reinstall 10 for free? I assume the product has to be tied to the serial number of my computer???

Thank you for your help in advance.

:)

JoeDoe6, Nov 19, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 19, 2019
  3. pigulici Win User
    How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine)

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Your ild keys should work but if you registered the key to your online ms persona (email address) it should be tied to your account , install without a key login with your credentials , then activate.

theoneandonlymrk, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine)

1. Reinstall Windows 10 AFTER it was taken off (Windows 7 is currently on machine) - Similar Threads - Reinstall was taken

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 7: Hi there, my computer is a refurbished one given to me by a charity helping people to get computer-literate. When I was first given it is was running Windows 7. It was then upgraded to run Windows 10 but a few months ago I downgraded to Windows 7 in a desperate attempt to...
  3. Reinstall windows on Linux machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows on Linux machine: Hello, long time Linux user I have not spent much time on windows in years but I have a new cnc machine that I will be better off with windows on. So I have a laptop that is perfect for this it is a 14 inch Lenovo think pad. I removed windows and I did not back any of it up....
  4. Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 on a vista machine: Was given this vista pc, I Made a mistake and reset the device to its original state. I got this computer very used but in good shape had a lot of things stored from the previous person. this was about 4 or for five months ago. Well I totally messed the computer up because...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 in Another Machine

Reinstalling Windows 10 in Another Machine: I'm planning to buy a copy of Windows 10 for my Laptop, and maybe in future moving to a PC Desktop. Can I reinstall/reactivate my Windows 10 in my Desktop? Or do I have to buy another copy? since i no longer use my Laptop after moving to PC....
  6. Activate Windows 10 After Reinstalling to a Virtual Machine

Activate Windows 10 After Reinstalling to a Virtual Machine: Hello, how can I reactivate a Windows 10 on a new VM using a product key from a now defunct VM? I recall I requested from microsoft before via chat support and was able to successfully activate the VM back then. Thanks!...
  7. adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine

adding windows 7 to a windows 10 machine: I have a pc that has windows 10 home on it. I want to add windows 7 on another partition and be able to boot to either win 10 or win 7, how do I do this?...
  8. Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?

Windows 10 reserve after Win 7 reinstall?: I've been having issues installing win10 from my current win7 machine. I've heard that a few people have just reinstalled their current version of windows and immediately were prompted to upgrade to win10. If I reinstall, will I keep the reserve? What is the reserve...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 after installing Windows 7

Reinstalling Windows 10 after installing Windows 7: Hi, so here goes: If I install* Windows 7 atop Windows 10, and then reinstall* Windows 10, will it activate itself or not? Note - all installs are clean installs. Thanks in advance! 39174
  10. Reinstalling Windows 7 after installing Windows 10 (With keys?)

Reinstalling Windows 7 after installing Windows 10 (With keys?): Windows 10 was released today and I'd like to install it on my custom built desktop for testing. However, I would like to know if I can go back to Windows 7 after updating to Windows 10. I did a bit of research and found out that there was a roll back option in Windows 10...