Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I kept getting a Rest Partition message from Windows 10. I had to accept as the laptop would not load. Now it has rolled back to Windows 8 (from a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulineBaker1, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.

I kept getting a Rest Partition message from Windows 10. I had to accept as the laptop would not load. Now it has rolled back to Windows 8 (from a restore partition on the hard drive).

Am I able to reinstall Windows 10 for free? I still have my Windows 8 CD OEM key.

:)

PaulineBaker1, Jun 23, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

It depends on the junk accumulated honestly, but there are various methods. You can always remove programs, delete download folder, media locations, etc. As some have suggested, keeping some items on a separate internal storage drive is an option as well. Depends on what you have, what your budget is and how you want to handle your system and data.

The method @RejZoR suggests is sound and a method I've used dozens if not hundreds of time with great success in the field. In many cases though the goal is to keep user data intact, and to repair the OS. In place upgrade as it is called is also only doable in that method if you can boot to desktop, if you can't, it is time for some more advanced options or a format & reinstall.

With Windows 8 and 10 there are refresh and reset options that can be leveraged as well. Hold Shift and click Restart to reboot your system, this will get you into the advanced boot menu, which you'll need to choose advanced options (I forget ATM what it is called) and choose one of a couple items, refresh or reset.

Refresh is essentially In Place Upgrade but a little more aggressive as it wipes the Windows Apps and you may need to reinstall programs. Reset is like an OS reinstall, wipes user data, wipes profiles, registry, performs a install from the system image. Often times I'll do this and bypass using a USB key on a system. Though there are instances where these options will not work if a system has a level of corruption that has not been repaired/resolved. Check the OS Repair link in my sig for more info if ya need.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 23, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition. :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 after Reset Partition. - Similar Threads - Reinstall Reset Partition

2. Reinstalling windows 10, help with partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling windows 10, help with partitions: So I'm reinstalling Windows 10 but don't know which partitions I should delete or format. My windows is installed on an ssd and i have a hard disk for other things. I assume that drive 0 partition 1 system reserved ignore the cyrillic is where my windows is right now but...
  3. Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall a game downloaded on a different partition after windows reset, and can't...: Peace, I purchased and downloaded a game from the store, the game is around 100 GB so i downloaded it on a different partition. I played the game for a while, then the windows 10 couldn't boot and i had to reset it while keeping my files. The windows was reset...
  4. Resetting Windows 10 with Partitions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting Windows 10 with Partitions: I wonder if it is possible to reset my Windows 10 Home, have some setting issues error msg that some settings are hidden or managed by my organization-which is false as I am the sole user, owner and admin of my laptop-been unable to find any hopeful resolve other than last...
  5. Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset

Windows 10 Reinstall after Factory Reset: My Asus K53 laptop originally shipped with Windows 7. I took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows 10 while it was available. Due to issues with Office 365 I had to carry out a factory reset on the machine and of course I am now back on Windows 7. No - I didn't record...
  6. Recovery Partition after Reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovery Partition after Reset: I worked for a company that had me add software to my computer which locked me out of making changes to my browser. After several days on the phone with support, I decided to reset my computer. After the reset, I now have to choose between Windows 10 and a recovery...
  7. 4 Partitions after reinstall of windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4 Partitions after reinstall of windows 10: Windows 10 was not working correctly on my PC so I decided to factory reset the PC but which did not work. The PC was giving me this message (Boot Device Not Found 3F0) later on the PC gave a different message, OS is missing, I have downloaded the OS from Microsoft website...
  8. Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition

Reinstalling windows 10 to a partition: I currently have a 500GB SSD with windows 10 on and programs, games and such but I also have a 4TB HDD for larger games and other stuff. What I want to do is uninstall everything on my SSD and make a partition just to put windows on and have the other part for games and...
  9. Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset

Reinstalling windows 10 after factory reset: Microsoft says I wont need a product key to reinstall windows 10 on the same device after a factory reset but a few days ago my PC crashed after a critical windows update. I did a factory reset then went back to Microsoft and used the media creation tool, selected upgrade...
  10. reinstalled windows 10 partition querry

in Windows 10 Support
    reinstalled windows 10 partition querry: [img] sorry its small but after i done a reinstall of windows 10 my hard drive is split in to three when before the reinstall it was only two should i join the last to together or leave it as it is. First partition is system reserved. Second is c. healthy boot ect. Third is...