Windows 10: reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive

Discus and support reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive has crashed How do I access the Windows 10 operating system from the hard drive as a disc was never provided?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rhoneywe, Nov 27, 2018.

1. rhoneywe Win User

reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive

My hard drive has crashed How do I access the Windows 10 operating system from the hard drive as a disc was never provided?

:)

rhoneywe, Nov 27, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 27, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Nov 27, 2018
  4. gasolin Win User

Most painless way to reinstall windows 10?

Is there and easy way of reinstalling windows 10 with having to install most of the apps and adjust settings.

I keep getting DistributedCom 10016 error, bsod when gaming or just my gaming crashing,stopping

gasolin, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. reinstall windows 10 from crashed harddrive - Similar Threads - reinstall crashed harddrive

2. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  3. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure: This has happened twice. Background:My PC crashes sometimes, and I don't know why. No minidump is created, and the event log shows kernel power event ID 41. There is no sustained bluescreen after the crash--the bluescreen either doesn't appear or just flashes before the PC...
  4. PC Crash Causes Harddrive Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. reinstall windows 10 that was deleted from harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows 10 that was deleted from harddrive: HI I , recently tried to install Chromium OS from USB and accidently deleted windows 10 . At boot up I recieve a message that I need to install an OS. Question is how do i get win 10 back on harddrive...
  6. reinstall windows 10 on a crashed computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reinstall windows 10 on a crashed computer: Three months ago, I bought a refurbished computer from Walmart.ca which had Windows 10 pre-installed on it. Yesterday it crashed HARD, and I can't get it to do anything but go in the circle of: reset-->sorry, there was a problem resetting your computer; please restart... or...
  7. Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Harddrive Crash and Recovery Drive: Good day, I have an HP 15-r209ni laptop. It came preloaded with Windows 8.1 64 bit which I upgraded for free to Windows 10. The hard disk crashed and I had to format the drive. The drive is now formatted and installed and now ready for a fresh Windows installation. I...
  8. how to remove app from harddrive Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove app from harddrive Windows 10?: Tried the uninstall button but Classic Shell seemed to prevent uninstallation. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-app-from-harddrive-windows-10/c6d5f74d-bfdf-4c53-a295-53dfc4f2284a
  9. just reinstalled windows 10 1809 external harddrive files are not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    just reinstalled windows 10 1809 external harddrive files are not being detected: recently I reinstalled windows 10 1809 I have a Seagate 3 TB external hard drive which I unplugged before I reset my computer after the reinstallation I plugged it back in file explorer showed it like it should except a popup window says it cannot excess or locate any files....
  10. Retrieving files from harddrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Retrieving files from harddrive: Hi there, I'll try and round up my problem quickly basically was running windows10 (upgraded from 7) on my alienware computer then all of a sudden the other day the motherboard went pop! So as i have files and photos that aren't backed up anywhere i really need to access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall windows 10 on crashed harddive

2. hdd crashed how to reload win 10 2019

3. my hard drive crashed can i instal win 10 on my new hard drive

4. window 10 install key hard drive crash reinstall