Windows 10: Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

Discus and support Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NguyenHoang11, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

I want to install windows 10 on the new ssd, my currently windows 10 is on my hdd. I search on the internet that i have to remove the hdd before the new install but my laptop hdd is a little bit tricky to remove. Is there another way that i don't have to remove the hdd. Can i select to install the OS on the ssd when i use the "Reset this PC" on windows 10?

:)

NguyenHoang11, Jul 13, 2019

2. SSD failure and Windows 10 reinstall. How to restore apps from HDD.

My Acer desktop computer originally had a 16 GB SSD that held the Windows 10 installation (upgraded from Windows 8). It also has a 2 TB HDD that contains all other applications and files. The original SSD recently failed, preventing me from booting, so I
    replaced the SSD with a SanDisk 128 GB model. I then reinstalled Windows 10 on the new SSD using the Microsoft Media Creation Tool. While I was performing the installation, I disconnected the HDD to ensure I didn't accidentally overwrite anything there.

My question now is, how do I get the new installation of Windows (on the new SSD) to recognize the applications I had installed on the HDD? I can use File Explorer to browse the files and applications stored there, but Windows obviously no longer has any
    of the apps registered as being installed. The SSD is now listed as the (CReinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd :) drive and the HDD is listed as the (DReinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd :) drive. Before, the HDD was (CReinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd :) and the SSD was the (XReinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd :) drive.

Thanks,

Tim

TimLarsen1, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Ampdesign Win User
    Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD

I recently finished a new build and inadvertently installed Windows 10 to the HDD drive and not the SSD. What's the simplest way to reformat the HDD and reinstall on the SSD?

Ampdesign, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Hi Ralph,

Regarding your concern about changing the hard drive, you can definitely reinstall Windows 10 and activate it after changing your HDD to SSD. We suggest that you

back up your files
    in your SSD. You can use the Windows 10 USB, you can also follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in this
    forum article
    . This will give you steps on how to install Windows using media creation tool or directly using your web browser.

In line with your license concern, it should be activated after you reinstall Windows 10 on the same desktop even after you made the hardware change. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to re-activate Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd

1. Reinstall windows 10 from hdd to ssd - Similar Threads - Reinstall hdd ssd

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd: Yes I don't personally own a windows disc but this system came with a windows key for windows 7. Then upgraded to windows 10. Does any know if I can use the same windows key for 10? Would love to load much faster from that prehistoric intel hdd....
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex with upgraded ssd from hdd

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Windows 10 from hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 from hdd to ssd: Just bought a new ssd and was about to transfer windows to it from hdd. Was wondering if its worth to do this after formating the pc or before because im gonna format it anyway. submitted by /u/PixieSword [link] [comments]...
  6. Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on SSD without losing the data from HDD.: Hello, and sorry for my grammar because my first language isn't English. I have all my files and windows 10 on one HDD drive so for speed, I bought one Nvme SSD. I want to install windows on the ssd with some demanding apps and keep the rest of my files and apps on the...
  7. Replace HDD with SSD in Laptop - Reinstal Windows 10

Replace HDD with SSD in Laptop - Reinstal Windows 10: I am a home user having HP Pavilion laptop - Windows 10, 1 TB HDD, 8GB RAM I intend replacing internal 1 TB HDD with 240 GB SSD Internal SSD will have only Windows 10, MS Office and other basic software HDD will be converted to external disk for storage. I have Windows 10...
  8. How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reinstall Windows 10 from HDD to SSD?: I have a PC with only one HDD and Windows 10 installed on it. I am soon buying a second drive (SSD). Since I will be buying it I will reinstall Windows on it. I don't know how to do it. Can you guys help me? P.S. I don't care about the data on my HDD. I can erase it....
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on SSD and wiping data on HDD: I recently added an SSD to my PC which already had a 2 TB HDD. Everything works perfectly fine, but I want to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 onto my SSD and use that as my boot drive and wipe all the current data from my HDD. I don't want to do data migration. How would I...