Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, all. I have a laptop that currently has an HDD. It's several years old and is becoming a big slow. It also has Windows 10 on it. I plan on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JacobSelph, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

Hello, all.

I have a laptop that currently has an HDD. It's several years old and is becoming a big slow. It also has Windows 10 on it. I plan on replacing the HDD with an SSD and doing a fresh install of Windows 10. However, I don't have the license key for my copy of Windows 10. Is there a way I can get the license activation key somewhere on my computer so that when I'm installing Windows 10 I can type it in?

I'm going to boot from a USB and install it on my new SSD. Will I have to buy a new license key or can I use the license key for my current Windows 10 installation? If so, where can I get the license key?

Thank you all!

:)

JacobSelph, Apr 11, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 11, 2020
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive?

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a different drive? - Similar Threads - Reinstall different drive

2. Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives: I have a laptop with 2 drives an HDD and an SSD that didn't come with an OS. When I first installed Windows, I installed it on the HDD drive. Now I want to change it to the SSD. However, when I try to reinstall windows, the installer tells me that windows wasn't installed in...
  3. Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows on a different drive on laptop with 2 drives: I have a laptop with 2 drives an HDD and an SSD that didn't come with an OS. When I first installed Windows, I installed it on the HDD drive. Now I want to change it to the SSD. However, when I try to reinstall windows, the installer tells me that windows wasn't installed in...
  4. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  5. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop: Hi, I used to own a laptop but recently bought a pc because my laptop broke. I am planning on using the m2 ssd from my old laptop into my pc. Since the windows os is located in the m2 ssd, is it possible for me to use another ssd later on and reinstall windows with license on...
  6. Reinstalling windows on a different drive in an OEM laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Reinstalling onto a different drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  8. Reinstalling onto a different drive

Reinstalling onto a different drive: Soon i plan to get a new m.2 ssd, as my current hdd is slow, and starting to fail. I plan to reinstall windows onto my new ssd, but my question is, will be able to transfer my old data from my hdd to the new drive during reinstallation, since i know that is something you can...
  9. Reinstalling onto a different drive

10. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD

Reinstalling Windows 10 on a different HDD/SSD: So three years ago I bought Windows 10 on an USB and upgraded from Win 7, as you do. Now I made the decsion back then to save Windows onto my HDD as opposed to my SSD. Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 onto my SSD in order to make my machine run a bit smoother, and It's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows on different drive