Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Hard Drive crashed and I replaced it. Installed a new OS and now my Storage Pool drives are no longer visible and My Storage Pool is not available.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnnySandaire, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable

My Hard Drive crashed and I replaced it. Installed a new OS and now my Storage Pool drives are no longer visible and My Storage Pool is not available.

I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as Storage Pool. Is there any way to get them reactivated and get my Storage Pool back up without damaging my Stored Data?

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable 7dc3ad1f-6272-42ec-9c1a-a1784e434cde?upload=true.png

:)

JohnnySandaire, Feb 25, 2021

2. How to remove external hard disk from storage pool on Windows 10

Hi Velen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern about removing the external hard disk from storage pool, we will help you with this issue.

Try the below steps to: Remove a physical disk by using Windows PowerShell
    and check if it helps.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the command replacing <diskname> with the disk name:

• Set-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname> -Usage Retired
    (If the pool is clustered, you will need to run this command on the cluster node which has the cluster resource for the pool online.)

3. Prior to performing step 5, you must wait for all active repair jobs to complete. To monitor the status of repair jobs, type the following command:
    Get-StorageJob

4. Type the following command: Remove-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName <diskname>

5. Physically disconnect the old disk.

For further reference: Storage Spaces Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 25, 2021
  3. How to remove external hard disk from storage pool on Windows 10

i have put my external hard disk as a storage pool and now all the files i have in that external disk is not viewable or is it delete?

need help please?

need to see if its still here

i try from other pc

but its still staying a storage poool

how to stop it from storage pool

Original title: storage space in wins 10

velen nullatamby, Feb 25, 2021
  4. mpsny Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable

Does a storage pool survive a reinstall?

Thank you. This is actually not an emergency. I am simulating one with a non-critical machine in order to learn the behavior in case of actual emergency. I have full backups so that is not a problem. However, the disks are not partitioned or RAIDed, these
    are actually separate drives. My purpose is in fact to separate the system from the data and - ideally - to deploy whatever operating system I might need while leaving the data as is. Windows is on one smaller hard disk, while data 1 and 2 are joined in a
    storage pool (no parity, ReFS, thin provisioning) subdivided in virtual disks F, G, H, etc. Of course only Windows would understand the storage space, so I am also trying to evaluate using a storage pool vs. leaving the disks as separate entities. I will test
    a hard removal scenario and see what happens with the storage pool, supposing the original Windows system disk dies without any chance of gracefully recovering/deleting the storage pool. Thank you for your help.

mpsny, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Disk - Storage Pool is not detectable - Similar Threads - Reinstall Hard Disk

2. Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Pool Queries- removal of hard drives: Hi, Due to qty4x5bay Orico external devices, plus qty 6 single bay external drives, I will not have enough Drive Letters available from Windows 11. I am now looking at Storage Spaces, however there seems to be no easy way to remove/stop using a 5bay device as a storage space...
  3. Vrituel Disk issues Storage Pool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Vrituel Disk issues Storage Pool: i,i'am new in this forum and i don't have enough expertise in the domain of storage Pool i have an issue since last week with my server i have created a storage pool from Windows servers 2019 with 8 nas behind it and every nas have 4 disks so all the disks are healthy and...
  4. Unable to add new disks to storage pool

Unable to add new disks to storage pool: I am attempting to add a pair of new disks to a storage pool, but when I do I get the following error: Can't Prepare drives Close all applications that are accessing the drive, and then try again The system cannot find the file specified. 0x00000002 [ATTACH] I notice...
  5. Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format

Deleted a storage pool cant create a new storage pool after format: Hello , i have an issue this the storage pool system i used to have a storage pool with my 2 hdd and SSD together I deleted that before I formatted and deleted the the storage pool tryring to create a new storage pool i keep getting cant prepare drives Close all application...
  6. Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a Hard Drive to storage pool: Trying to add internal hard to storage pool but keep getting error 0x00000005 or "need to close all applications that are open that are connected to that drive. How do I find out what applications need to be closed...
  7. Adding physical disks to a storage pool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding physical disks to a storage pool: I have a storage pool of 4 physical 8tb disks. I added 2 more physical 8tb disks to the pool, but there doesn't seem to be a size increase. What I'm reading is that storage pools can't be added to once created, but that doesn't sound right. So, how do I get the added disks to...
  8. Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive: I am using (for some years) a Toshiba Laptop that came with pre-installed Win 8. I upgraded this to Win 10, during the free upgrade period. Because my Laptop was becoming very slow, I have just fixed a new SSD Hard Disk Drive to this Toshiba Laptop. How do I now transfer /...
  9. Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Storage Pool (Windows 10): Hi I have a storage pool set up on my Windows 10 PC The storage pool is a total of 6.5TB at the moment with 2.7TB of Data on it I'm getting the Warning "Low Capacity" add another drive When looking into it, when I set the drives up I set them to "Parity" which...
  10. Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10: How to: Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 How to Create a New Pool and Storage Space in Windows 10 [img] Information add more drives to the storage pool. You can create a simple, mirror (two-way or three-way), or parity storage space: Simple...