Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation...

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Because my C Drive is giving problems I want to install a new Hard Drive (as C drive). What is the easiest way to reinstall my Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Inkyponk, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Inkyponk Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation...

Because my C Drive is giving problems I want to install a new Hard Drive (as C drive). What is the easiest way to reinstall my Windows 10?

:)

Inkyponk, Oct 1, 2018

2. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Pro Reinstall On New Hard Drive

You have a few options:

Option 1:

Create a system image then restore it on the new drive:

Option 2:

Clone the drive to the new drive:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clone-move-windows-10-data-larger-ssd-disk-drive/

Option 3:

Create bootable media then reinstall Windows 10 on the new drive.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2018
  4. GeorgeCOR Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation...

Windows 10 reinstallation fails - Media on USB drive does not boot

Folks,

I need to replace my failing (but still functioning) Hard Drive on my Dell XPS 8300 Desktop. The operating system is Windows 10.

My plan has been to buy a brand new hard drive (DONE), install a fresh bootable Windows 10 operating system on it while connected via USB, swap the old and the new drives, and then reinstall all other applications on the new drive one by one, and finally copy the data back on. No rush, but should work.

I bought the new drive, connected it to the computer via USB (using a USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE device made by SIIG), then from (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10) downloaded the Media Creation tool (MediaCreationTool.exe), ran it from the desktop, created the ESD-USB file structure on the new hard drive, and restarted the computer.

When restarting the computer, I went into the setup (F2) to change the boot order:

• First time, I placed the ‘USB Hard drive’ ahead of the Main hard drive. The Main hard drive booted ignoring the ‘USB’ Hard drive.
    • Second time, I tried again by fully disabling the main Hard drive, but with that setting, the computer didn’t start at all and I got the following message:

‘Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    Or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key’

So why am I failing to boot from the external hard drive?

Is my strategy of directly installing the new Windows 10 on the external Hard drive wrong?

The Microsoft support site’s instruction is to use a ‘USB flash drive or DVD.’ But instead of the USB flash drive, I used the actual Hard Drive that I intend to install Windows 10 on. Is that wrong? And why? I did so on the understanding that the instruction to use a flash drive or DVD is so as to install the operating system on a different PC. In my case I want to install on the existing PC but on a new drive.

One way of course would be to follow the Microsoft instruction create the new installation media on the flash drive or DVD, swap the drives and boot from the flash drive or DVD. But why would the Windows Creation media boot from the flash drive or DVD but not from the USB Hard drive?

Another reason for wanting to install Windows directly on the external Hard Drive is to have access to all my application at all times.

Help please.

GeorgeCOR, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new Hard Drive in the same computer by means of "Media Creation... - Similar Threads - Reinstall Hard Drive

2. Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive.: Hello, the hard drive on my PC fried and I needed to replace it.How do I recover my Windows 10 Product Key so that I can install Windows 10 on the replacement hard drive?...
  3. REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 THRUE MEDIA CREATION TOOL

REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 THRUE MEDIA CREATION TOOL: I'm reinstalling my Windows 10 thru Media Creation tool. I have 2 drives installed: SSD Drive C and HDD Drive D, E, F The old OS is in the SSD and I want to completely wipe it as I reinstall it in this SSD again. I think the option to do this is "Nothing". See photo below....
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on a new hard drive: Hi! I bought a new hard drive since it looks like the one I currently have is corrupted. However, the corrupted hard drive is where my Windows volume license key is bound to. Is it still possible to activate the license on a different hard drive? Appreciate any steps and...
  5. I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.

I Want To reinstall windows on a new drive without using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.: I want to install windows on a new drive using Window Media Creation tool Windows 10 and I have a digital license so my question is if I install windows 10 on the new drive using the media creation tool can I just sign into my freshly installed windows 10 by using my...
  6. reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.

reinstalling Win 10 on a new Hard drive in my existing computer.: My Hard drive recently crashed on my desktop computer. I replaced the drive with a new SSD. How do I reinstall the Win 10 on this new drive? Do I need a product Key? If so how do I get it? My existing license is active and I can use it on multiple computers, up to 10. I...
  7. Reinstall backup on new hard drive

Reinstall backup on new hard drive: I have been using Windows 10 since you released it free I love the program I had it on my hard drive which I backed up using Norton backup, I purchased a new computer it has Windows 10 home installed on it can I reinstall all my programs and data I have on the old hard drive...
  8. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  9. How to reinstall Windows 10 with a new hard drive?

How to reinstall Windows 10 with a new hard drive?: Hello, I recently purchased a certified refurbished computer that has nice stats, and a tiny hard drive. The first thing I want to do is swap out the hard drive for a bigger one. My computer came with a certificate with the computer's Win 10 registration number, but I did...
  10. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to reinstall windows 10 on new hard drive same computer

2. reinstall windows 10 on same computer

3. how to reload windows 10 onthe same computer

4. reinstall windows 10 on a new computer,
  5. reinstall windows 10 on same pc,
  6. how to reinstall Windows 10 on a new hard drive,
  7. install windows on new hardrive from the same computer,
  8. windows 10 reinstall OS on a different driver,
  9. reinstallation with media creation tool on the same computer,
  10. reinstall windows 10 on a second drive,
  11. windows 10 on new hardrive same computer,