Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My "C" Drive crashed. Purchased a new one and Installed a clean Windows 10 Pro. When I search for my Storage Space, which was my work Drive with a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by webzest, Feb 26, 2021.

1. webzest Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space

My "C" Drive crashed. Purchased a new one and Installed a clean Windows 10 Pro. When I search for my Storage Space, which was my work Drive with a lot of recent data, it was not displayed in Explorer. I can see the Drives in Disk Management just fine. They are listed as Storage Pool. Here is a list of Steps that led me to this issue:

1. My Main C: crashed and needed to be replaced. So, I replaced it and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro.
    2. When I was done installing Windows, I connected the two Drives that are part of the Storage Pool.
    3. They were not visible anywhere, except in Disk Management, where they are listed simply as Storage Pool. I am not sure if that is the RAW definition that I read in the articles.

Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space [​IMG]

4. After seeing them on Disk Manager, I launched the Storage App and did not see any activity. so, I tried to create a Pool. I received a message stating that there are no available Disks that can be added.

I launched PowerShell and ran some search calls"

Drives #2 & 3 are the Storage Pool Drives.
    Technically, my Storage Pool Drives did not fail. Only the Windows OS drive failed and needed to be replaced. there must be a way to get the OS to recognize the drives so the Pool can be reinitiated. I think PowerShell has some process, I just don't trust myself with experimenting and delete something.

This is my Windows 10 Information:

Is there any way to get them reactivated and get my Storage Pool back up without damaging my Stored Data?

:)

webzest, Feb 26, 2021
  2. Anwille Win User

extend c drive storage space

Hi, I'm , an Independent Advisor.

Disk Management is a Windows built-in tool that supports to increase partition size with its "Extend Volume" feature. However, the program has some limitations in increasing disk space:

- Extend Volume only works on NTFS and RAW partition. FAT32 and other file systems are not supported.

- The Extend Volume will grey out if there is no adjacent unallocated space behind the target partition.

So, the ways to increasing C drive with or without adjacent unallocated space are different. Open the Disk Management, and follow the right tutorials listed below to extend the local disk C drive on your own now:

#1. Increase C Drive Space with Adjacent Unallocated Space

Step 1. Right-click This PC/My Computer, click "Manage", select "Disk Management" under Storage.

Step 2. Locate and right-click on the local disk C drive, and choose "Extend Volume".

Step 3. Set and add more space to your system C drive and click "Next" to continue.

Step 4. Click "Finish" to complete the process.

Note that if that unallocated space on your system disk is not behind the C drive, you can't extend C drive in Disk Management.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help you further!

Anwille, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Timba1210 Win User
    Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising
    36TB of raw storage, configured within Storage Spaces to have parity, so I have about 21TB of usable space. I would like to know what steps I need to take in order to ensure that, once I have upgraded the hardware and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro to my OS disk,
    I can reconnect the RAID controller and have the Storage Spaces be recognized and accessible again. I cannot risk losing this data, and given the amount of it, making a copy beforehand is also not a possibility.

Timba1210, Feb 26, 2021
  4. 333t Win User

How to remove a bad drive in Windows 10 storage spaces pool

Could someone list the steps involved in replacing a bad drive from a Windows 10 storage spaces pool? I cannot find any info on the Microsoft support site that is specific to Windows 10. Also, could you list the steps to remove a 'good' drive and replace
    it with another drive if the process is different?

Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on C: killed my Storage Space - Similar Threads - Reinstall killed Storage

2. Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage size of C Drive not matching actual storage space: I extended my C Drive from 235 GB to ~476 GB using Disk Management; however, most things are still showing 235 GB and I am still limited by that smaller size storage space. The SSD inside should be a 512. I am using a new Lenovo ThinkBookI have run Disk Optimization, a BIOS...
  3. extend c drive storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    extend c drive storage space: c drive has fixed storage i:e 38 gb,now how to extend my storage data in c drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive-storage-space/b1ccba02-2e20-4360-acf5-94cefeb6890b
  4. Storage Space - Killed USB external drives 2x mirrored

Storage Space - Killed USB external drives 2x mirrored: Summary : Looks like Storage Space can kill your USB hard drives but its recoverable without additional tools. Suspect it looks like death by partition table corruption or some other low level corruption. Plus a good idea to test your understanding of the process before...
  5. Storage Space of C Drive

Storage Space of C Drive: I am facing a serious issue, my C Drive is getting full automatically, even after I clean-up temporary files and other unwanted stuffs. Please tell me some points to resolve this issue...
  6. Storage spaces after reinstall win 10

Storage spaces after reinstall win 10: Hello, so I had set up a storage pool on windows 10 using 3 2TB drives. It has been a year later, and my main C: drive had failed. I proceeded to get a new SSD, and install windows 10. Installation process went smoothly, until I went to my storage devices. I can see the local...
  7. Storage space in Drive C

Storage space in Drive C: How do you increase the storage space in Drive C? I have added a new disk to my laptop creating an extra drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-in-drive-c/6e415259-4f48-4d7d-a703-2a5df41589fe"
  8. Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will reinstalling Windows affect my Storage Spaces configuration?: I have 3 drives- One 120Gb SSD which is my boot drive and two 1 TB HDDs which I've combined into a RAID 0 array using Storage Spaces. I need to reinstall Windows 10 because I'm having some driver issues and it's quite buggy for some reason, so I wanted to know if my Storage...
  9. Windows 10 Storage Spaces

Windows 10 Storage Spaces: Question; Have a RAID 0 storage pool in Windows 10. The storage pool has 952 GB of usable space, it currently has 6.06 GB of space used. I ran a system clean-up which wrote data to securely erase empty hard drive space. Now I get a warning that my storage pool is full. I...
  10. Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro

Storage Spaces and Reinstalling Windows 10 Pro: I am planning on upgrading the hardware on my home media server (Plex). It runs on Windows 10 Pro (1809). My Storage Spaces disks are connected to my system via a dedicated RAID card, with the disks just configured as JBOD. It is a 16 disk pool comprising 36TB of raw...