Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I replaced hard drive and don't have a recovery disk. How can I reinstall Windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DennisMarley, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DennisMarley Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk

I replaced hard drive and don't have a recovery disk. How can I reinstall Windows 10?

:)

DennisMarley, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Robert Caw Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Rose Family Win User
    Can I use recovery drive to reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive?

Hi,

I created USB recovery drive from old HDD then I deleted partition old HDD and I purchased new hard drive then I removed old hard drive then install new hard drive in my computer.

Can I use USB recovery drive to reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive in computer?

Rose Family, Nov 8, 2018
  4. SuryaKantNayak Win User

How to create Recovery disk for windows 10

Hii Panel;

Last week i upgrade window7 to window 10 , so now what i want to know is that how to create a complete recovery disk (using Pen-drive or hard disk) for window 10. So that in future if any problem occur i can make format to currently install window10 and
    reinstall windows10 from that recovery disk .

Please tell me step by step process for creating recovery disk and also tell me how to again reinstall window 10 form that recovery disk ?

SuryaKantNayak, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on new hard drive w/o recovery disk - Similar Threads - Reinstall hard drive

2. Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a new Windows 10 hard drive from recovery media and mirror: I have created the recovery media (on thumb drive) and also made a mirror of the hard drive, with all files; for a Windows 10 OS machine. Now, I would like to actually create a new hard drive. The objective is to replace the current one, as it is starting to make noises (but...
  3. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  4. Reinstalling windows to new drive

Reinstalling windows to new drive: Hi, I have recently added a new SSD to my PC and I would like to move windows to it but keep everything else on the hard drive where it is instead of moving it to SSD as well. What is the best way to do this?...
  5. Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Calendar w/o a Microsoft account: First off, thanks in advance for any help offered. My new ASUS laptop came with Windows 10, so this is not an upgrade install, but an OEM purchase, and therefore not a pre-release build. My problem is this: I accidentally uninstalled the Mail/Calendar app that comes with...
  6. Hard drive recovery question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive recovery question: So i messed up and changed something around with how the files work on my slave drive and rendered it unusable. Now the drive is in RAW format. I ran Easeus data recovery and was able to get access to the files on that drive. I have two options, since i haven't enough...
  7. Windows 10 Cloning / transfer to new hardware w/o reformat?

Windows 10 Cloning / transfer to new hardware w/o reformat?: Hi all, Pardon the rambling nature of this post. Also, yes, I do know I could just do a full reinstall...maybe? OK, explanation - my brother's desktop is dead. All signs point to the motherboard as it restarts constantly and randomly within 30 seconds to 2 minutes after...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks

Reinstalling Windows 7 using Recovery Disks: Here's my situation. Prior to doing my Windows 10 upgrade on my HP Pavillion DVT7 2200 Notebook, I successfully created the 3 Recovery disks. Prior to that I was receiving messages that a hard drive failure is eminent and I should back up my files and replace the hard drive....
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive

Reinstall Windows 10 to another hard drive: Hi My first post so I hope I am in the right place. The Hdd that contains my windows !0 is playing up. I have a spare Hdd on my computer, is it possible to reinstall to the other drive. My current Win 10 was a free upgrade from Win 7. 58866
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...