Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I installed windows 10 on my new ssd. But when i tried to boot my ssd, it wants me to install windows again, and this time i'm not able to select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Majestic1221, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd

Hi, I installed windows 10 on my new ssd. But when i tried to boot my ssd, it wants me to install windows again, and this time i'm not able to select any disk to install windows. Can anyone advise me?

:)

Majestic1221, Feb 5, 2021

2. Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Feb 5, 2021
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Hi Ralph,

Regarding your concern about changing the hard drive, you can definitely reinstall Windows 10 and activate it after changing your HDD to SSD. We suggest that you

back up your files
    in your SSD. You can use the Windows 10 USB, you can also follow the steps provided by
    Andre Da Costa in this
    forum article
    . This will give you steps on how to install Windows using media creation tool or directly using your web browser.

In line with your license concern, it should be activated after you reinstall Windows 10 on the same desktop even after you made the hardware change. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to re-activate Windows 10.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd

1. Reinstall Windows 10 on ssd - Similar Threads - Reinstall ssd

2. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  3. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...: Hello!I upgraded my mobo/CPU/RAM from AM3+/DDR4 to AM4/DDR5.I have initially installed windows 8.1, which I had upgraded to windows 10 home. This was installed to my hard drive, and that installation is still present as I go about backing up data before formatting it.Instead...
  4. I changed mobo/RAM/CPU. Original install was on HDD. I reinstalled to SSD. Cannot reactive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  6. How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?

How to reinstall windows in a corrupted ssd?: The problem is annoying since I can’t access the BIOS. The Windows advanced setup is not working and it shows a blue screen. I already tried to start in secure boot but that made everything worse because now my PC is asking for BitLocker and that is another issue. My laptop...
  7. Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7020 with a 3.6ghz Intel i7-4790 and 32gb RAM. It has Windows 11 pro installed ona 500gb SSD. I'm trying to upgrade the SSD to a 2TB SSD. I've created a USB disk with Windows on it, but when I try to boot up the PC, the...
  8. Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.

Upgrading SSD and reinstalling windows 11.: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7020 with a 3.6ghz Intel i7-4790 and 32gb RAM. It has Windows 11 pro installed ona 500gb SSD. I'm trying to upgrade the SSD to a 2TB SSD. I've created a USB disk with Windows on it, but when I try to boot up the PC, the...
  9. No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.: My laptop's hard drive crashed. I cannot access and try a recovery of data with the hard drive with a reboot jump drive etc. I am having an SSD installed by the tech and he is reinstalling Windows 10. I do not have a product key to activate Windows 10. Windows 10 was...
  10. No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.

No original key to reinstall windows 10 on an HP laptop. Replacing crash hd with an SSD.: My laptop's hard drive crashed. I cannot access and try a recovery of data with the hard drive with a reboot jump drive etc. I am having an SSD installed by the tech and he is reinstalling Windows 10. I do not have a product key to activate Windows 10. Windows 10 was...