Windows 10: Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Discus and support Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gareth Bennett garethb, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Hi all,A little bit ago my laptops SSD failed. I had an old computer to use as a backup and was doing so until it recently started experiencing some major lags. I decided to replace my SSD in my ASUS Ux430 and try to get it up and running again. The old SSD had windows 10 on it but I’m not sure how I would go about reinstalling it on the new drive. Any help would be appreciatedThanks!

:)

Gareth Bennett garethb, Oct 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Clean install Windows 10 on new SSD to rplace failing HDD and corrupte

How to do a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD that will replace a failing HDD and corrupted data files in a Laptop PC?
    There seems to be a lot of old posts that touch on various subjects that I need help with but none that lump them all together. This is a clean install of Windows 10 on a new SSD on a Laptop PC that was previously upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade just prior to the free upgrade becoming unavailable. About 6 months ago intermittent weird problems began to appear and with the help of various support groups and Windows Community we came to the conclusion that the HDD needed to be replaced(failed Seagate's drive test) with an SSD (My Choice) and a clean install of Windows 10(corrupted data files in the OS).
    I was given a URL to download and burn to DVD an ISO file of Windows 10 PRO 64bit OS. I purchased a 240GB Sandisk SSD. I don't need to partition this drive as the single C: partition is adequate for size and speed.
    Is there a step by step procedure listed somewhere that preps(formats?) the SSD using disk management for Windows 10 and then using the ISO file that I burned to a DVD, installs Windows 10 on to my SSD? I am not familiar with ISO files and am assuming that is something that is sent to you to boot from and install from when you order SW from MS.

RogerAttila, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

Reinstalling windows 10 on SSD

Step 1: Backup your important files:

Step 2: create a new bootable copy of Windows 10. The Windows 10 USB you have is the original version of Windows 10 which quite outdated.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Step 3: Shutdown the computer, remove the HDD then install the SSD

Step 4: Perform a clean install.

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD.

1. Reinstall windows 10 onto laptop with failed SSD. - Similar Threads - Reinstall onto laptop

2. How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows on a corrupted/failed ssd: I have a company issued computer that I am trying to revive. Small company, no IT department, no management software. The employee who originally had it was disgruntled, so likely that it was poorly handled at a minimum. The computer itself is an HP Elitebook 830 G7. I have...
  3. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  4. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10: I have a windows 10 home pc with the OS on the SSD and the data on an HDD. Having problems with the Windows operation and want to install a new edition on to the SSD. Do I need to format the SSD before the install? OS won’t let me create a recovery DISC or flash drive.PC is...
  5. Reinstall a fresh Windows 10 onto an SSD already running windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall windows 10 onto ssd: So i got a 1tb ssd and was wondering how i set it up and install windows onto it. Right now i use a 1tb hard drive with windows and all of my stuff on it. How do i install windows onto my SSD? Do i install windows 10 onto a flash drive and use it as my boot device? Or do i...
  7. Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows onto a new motherboard with an ssd that has windows on it already: I had windows installed on an ssd and i exchanged the motherboard for another one. i rebuilt my pc with the new mobo and it wouldn’t load past bios despite not wiping my ssd. i put my usb key with windows on it to reinstall it and it asked me which partition to install it...
  8. reinstalling w10 onto ssd?

reinstalling w10 onto ssd?: laptop comes with 2 drives it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/bDw1QSf disk 1= hdd disk 0 = sdd question #1: im guessing w10 is running on the hdd? but the sdd says it has 'system' w/e that means w10 installed, is activated did the windows updates problem:...
  9. Reinstall of Windows 10 on Surface laptop failed

Reinstall of Windows 10 on Surface laptop failed: Hi guys, I hope someone can help me out. I just literally sold this to someone and I went to clean it out. I selected recovery and to reinstall a clean windows 10. This originally came with Windows 10S. I upgraded it to regular windows 10 on Microsofts website. so after...
  10. Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone

Reinstalled windows 10 onto my ssd everything is gone: I reinstalled windows 10 onto my new ssd from the usb media and wen i loaded my desktop back up all my apps and games were gone. I check my hardrive and the storage is still there with everything but i have to reinstall everything even tho its on my drive. When i do...