Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Morning all, As stated in the title, I need to reinstall Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.906) such that my data and apps are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SmallTownUSA, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.

Morning all,
    As stated in the title, I need to reinstall Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2 (OS build 19042.906) such that my data and apps are not destroyed. I have searched the forum and found two related tutorials:

Reinstall Windows 10 with this media

and

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Unfortunately, they both seem to be created a number of years ago. Are there any newer/better ways to achieve this?
    I've done complete reinstalls in the past on other computers, but hope I don't have to do that now.

Thanks for any advice/recommendations.
    Harold

:)

SmallTownUSA, Apr 1, 2021
  2. jamida Win User

Reinstalling windows 10 w/o losing apps

My windows 10 machine is having issues with the optical drive and HDMI port and I think my best course of action is to re-install windows 10. THIS question is about that process.

This machine has windows 10 installed as an upgrade from windows 7, so during that process all my existing apps survived. I would like to be able to "reinstall" windows 10 w/o deleting all my other apps, just 'refresh" the OS in a manner largely (I assume) analogous to how the original Win7->Win10 upgrade went. Is this possible? And if so, pointers?

I still have the option to roll back to Windows 7, so plan B might be to do that and then re-apply the Win10 upgrade. However, I might have installed a few apps since the original upgrade so I'd like to know if "plan-B" would also delete those apps (restoring me to the apps I had when I last ran Win7).

(Note, I stupidly neglected to active the restore point system after installing Win10, so rolling back is unfortunately not an option for me.)

Thanks

Mike

jamida, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

MacAfee is unable to install their product on my computer due to a corrupt file in Windows 10 o/s. I need to uninstall W/10 without losing any of my files, then re-install W/10 with all files intact. I am not sure how to do this safely.

Hard Shell designer, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.

Reinstalling windows 10 w/o losing apps

The optical drive and the HDMI port are in no way related, so you're dealing with two separate issues here. For the HDMI port try installing the latest version of the driver for your video card. For the optical drive maybe try plugging it into a different port. The optical drive definitely should not have any problems just because of a Windows upgrade. I don't think there's a way to reinstall the entire Windows 10 without losing your apps. There is a way to fix system files, you can try that. Here's an article describing it:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/222532/how...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

user576053, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Pro w/o losing any data/apps, etc. - Similar Threads - Reinstall Pro losing

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?

Is there a way to reinstall Windows 10 without losing programs, data and apps?: A relative of mine passed and I now have his laptop. He had a pretty empty profile on it, but there are certain things I definitely don't want to lose, such as saved passwords. I created my own profile and that works well.The problem is he fell for all kinds of scams,...
  6. How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reinstall Windows without losing any data.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bustedcondomdisaster [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dtvu6g/how_do_i_reinstall_windows_without_losing_any_data/
  7. Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files

Uninstall/reinstall Windows 10 o/s w/out losing my files: MacAfee is unable to install their product on my computer due to a corrupt file in Windows 10 o/s. I need to uninstall W/10 without losing any of my files, then re-install W/10 with all files intact. I am not sure how to do this safely....
  8. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  9. Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to recreate User folders w/o reinstall?: Last nite's update or Disk Cleanup has deleted all my User folders I moved to my Data HDD, H:. (So they're not in C:\Users|Mac20 either). (I do have two 3D Objects in both places oddly.) Is there a way to recreate them somehow or is the only solution to totally reinstall?...
  10. Reinstalling Windows 10 And Not Lose Any App - Just To Fix Any Error

Reinstalling Windows 10 And Not Lose Any App - Just To Fix Any Error: Sure this is here but can't really find it. Can I reinstall Windows 10 Pro without lossing any App? I never save my data on the "C" drive since I have a "Data" partition I always have. Am only concerned about Apps. The instruction I found mentioned being able to reinstall...