Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So the last update from windows 10 caused my computer to crash so I had to reinstall Windows 10. As of right now it's showing its not activated and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Devistation327, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

So the last update from windows 10 caused my computer to crash so I had to reinstall Windows 10. As of right now it's showing its not activated and that it needs a product key. I still have the product key of when I first purchased Windows 10 but I get an error and it says that the product key cannot be used I need a new one. So should I purchase a new copy of Windows? Or is there an easier way to fix this I still have the original DVD and everything any suggestions?

:)

Devistation327, Sep 21, 2019

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

1. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work - Similar Threads - Reinstall Product key

2. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  3. Reinstall product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  4. Windows 10 Product Key Not Working On Apple After Reinstallation

Windows 10 Product Key Not Working On Apple After Reinstallation: I have a Macbook Air and successfully downloaded Windows 10 through Bootcamp - at first, everything was working like a dream and I was able to use my product key to officially activate Windows. However, since my main purpose was to be able to play games that won't work with...
  5. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  6. Activating Windows 10 product key wont work for no reason

Activating Windows 10 product key wont work for no reason: When I replaced some parts in my computer I could not activate Windows. This wouldn't have been a problem if I had my product key, but I didn't. I have just been suffering with no activated windows for a while until I saved up to buy a new windows. I have my new product key,...
  7. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  8. Product key doesn't work while reinstalling Windows 10

Product key doesn't work while reinstalling Windows 10: I got given my old system computer from work I whiped it and put windows 10 pro on it using the product key but wanted to change it so I got a windows 7 install disc from ebay installed it and I liked windows 10 better so I tried reinstalling windows 10 and now it tells me my...
  9. Windows 10 product key reinstall

Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...
  10. Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work

Clean install of Windows 10 - Product Key wont work: Hello, I recently built a new PC. My previous version of Windows 10 was installed on my old sata hdd. I upgraded to a new SSD hd and upgraded my motherboard. I ran the install of windows 10 onto my new SSD hd and reformatted my old sata for backup files. When I entered my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my preinstalled windows product doesnt work after re install