Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10 with new license

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 with new license in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop from my old company that went bankrupt. The company did not ask for the laptops back. he company did not wipe the computers clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LAS16, Jul 21, 2020.

1. LAS16 Win User

Reinstall Windows 10 with new license

I have a laptop from my old company that went bankrupt. The company did not ask for the laptops back. he company did not wipe the computers clean either. The computer has a licensed Windows 10 Enterprise, but I am unable to activate it because it was owned by the company. The computer has an admin account that I can't access. There are applications I cannot delete because I am not the admin. I want to purchase a new license of Windows 10 Home but do I need the Administrator in order to install it? I've read other posts where the user was unable to install because he wasn't the Admin. I basically want to wipe the laptop clean and start over, but wouldn't be able to install Windows without an internet connection, so I'm trying to figure out how to make this computer usable. I've read where you can do something on a separate working computer and somehow transfer to the new one, but I didn't understand how.

:)

LAS16, Jul 21, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Jul 21, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows 10 with new license - Similar Threads - Reinstall license

2. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  3. purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key...: purchased win11pro upgrade license in 2020 and now need to reinstall - trying to get key and invoice is unavailable to see key - how do I get the key to reinstall on new hard drive....
  4. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  5. How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...

How do I download and reinstall my licensed windows 11pro onto my computer? T are missing...: I need to reinstall my licensed windows 11pro. Where is the download site? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-and-reinstall-my-licensed/5e2d8f1e-7aff-4394-ab6a-4245dd2cd20d
  6. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...: Hi,I have a question regarding reinstalling and reactivating Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard license on another computer.I purchased more than 100 Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard licenses and installed them on computers in the...
  7. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...: Hi,I have a question regarding reinstalling and reactivating Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard license on another computer.I purchased more than 100 Windows 10 Pro SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC Standard licenses and installed them on computers in the...
  8. Reinstall and reactivate Microsoft Windows 10 Pro license SNGL OLP NL vs Office 2021 LTSC...

9. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...
  10. Window license key lost and can't reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license key lost and can't reinstall: Dear Support Team,last 3 or 4 years ago, i brought window 10 home license key from local reseller. So i installed window 10 home with CD and activated window. After that Microsoft offered to upgrade window 11 in my PC. Now my PC was running with window 11 home but when i...