Windows 10: Reinstall Windows 10

Discus and support Reinstall Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a DVD ISO image. The DVD is in the DVD drive. Each time when going to advanced options screen and try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sheilahsay, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Reinstall Windows 10

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a DVD ISO image.

The DVD is in the DVD drive.

Each time when going to advanced options screen and try to boot from a DVD.

All that happens is the computer restarts and brings back to The sign in screen.

Are there any suggestions?

Is there more information needed?

I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1909

:)

sheilahsay, Mar 26, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Reinstall Windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Reinstall Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall Windows 10

1. Reinstall Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall

2. Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation after reinstalling windows.: Hello! I had a windows 10 pro activation before i installed Linux to my laptop and also wiping windows at the same time now when i installed windows back it says i have an home license from my account which is true but i also had the pro activation on this device and all my...
  3. update driver reinstall window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update driver reinstall window 10: I dont know where to download and install to this laptop. it any way you can to it for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-driver-reinstall-window-10/546e141b-89f6-464b-9026-4fb7bc79452b
  4. Minecraft Bedrock code redeemed a year back- Can't find in order history to reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Bedrock code redeemed a year back- Can't find in order history to reinstall?: About a year or two back I got Minecraft Bedrock and redeemed it unaware I'd need a Windows 10. A month ago I got a Windows 10 PC and decided to reinstall it- the code says it was already redeemed but it's nowhere in my shopping history. I don't have any other Microsoft...
  5. the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. reinstalling the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. reinstalling the...: just got my laptop back from a repair, they deleted important files that i had asked them not to, they left my sims 4 game but not the origin software that uploads it. They had left my game mods but not the 7-zip softeare that tskes to upload it. My computer has a double pop...
  6. Uninstalled Minecraft For Windows 10 Edition and now I cannot reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Minecraft For Windows 10 Edition and now I cannot reinstall: Minecraft wasn't updating to the most current version so I thought uninstalling and reinstalling would fix it but now when I try to reinstall it on the Microsoft Store it fails and I get a message that says, " Minecraft For Windows 10 does not work on this device". I got...
  7. Help reinstalling under-the-hood Microsoft Pay app (formerly wallet)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help reinstalling under-the-hood Microsoft Pay app (formerly wallet): So im trying to restore the windows apps to their former glory. I "thought" i was there but i noticed Microsoft Pay. 2 of my pc's and my vm all have it installed. My main pc does not, and when i view it on the store it says "microsoft pay is currently not available" I...
  8. Help reinstalling Windows 10

Help reinstalling Windows 10: I have tried to reset my PC to factory settings, but keep getting a message telling me there was an error and no changes have been made. So I have downloaded Windows 10 to a USB and plan to do a complete reinstall. When I come to reinstall it, is it going to ask me for a...
  9. Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Windows 10 reinstall. Can't open executable Jar. Jarfix didn't fix it.: Any ideas? If I click open with, it shows the default is JavaTM Platform SE Binary...but nothing happens when I try. I tried reinstalling java, but still nothing. Why is there no Windows topic for programs.....
  10. Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows

Can't activate Windows 10 Product key after reinstalling Windows: Hi, last 2 years I got my Dell Laptop fixed by Dell support in warranty. Then the technician sold me a license of W8P/W10 32/64BIT SVC DPK. And I got a product key. But today I just reinstall in my Windows actually upgrade from Windows8 to Windows10 and I put those product...