Windows 10: Reinstall Windows Advice

Discus and support Reinstall Windows Advice in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What's the best way to reinstall Window? I'm having a problem with my PC shutting off even when it's set to Never shut off when plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Randy Bartlein, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Reinstall Windows Advice

What's the best way to reinstall Window? I'm having a problem with my PC shutting off even when it's set to Never shut off when plugged in

:)

Randy Bartlein, Nov 9, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstall Windows Advice :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 9, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2018
  4. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows Advice

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Reinstall Windows Advice

1. Reinstall Windows Advice - Similar Threads - Reinstall Advice

2. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall: Following Windows 10 reinstall after drive failure, all touchpad options besides sensitivity are missing picture.Fn-Key combo to switch touchpad shows OSD message "Touchpad on/off" but does not turn touchpad offDevice driver update and uninstall have no effect....
  3. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall: Following Windows 10 reinstall after drive failure, all touchpad options besides sensitivity are missing picture.Fn-Key combo to switch touchpad shows OSD message "Touchpad on/off" but does not turn touchpad offDevice driver update and uninstall have no effect....
  4. Option to turn off trackpad missing after OS reinstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How do I reinstall it? and advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I reinstall it? and advice: When reinstalling Windows with OEM license, is it necessary to reinsert it? Or will the operating system itself recognize it from the hardware? Also, when reinstalling Windows, which Windows should it be? I ask because I had Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11. This through...
  6. How do I reinstall it? and advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I reinstall it? and advice: When reinstalling Windows with OEM license, is it necessary to reinsert it? Or will the operating system itself recognize it from the hardware? Also, when reinstalling Windows, which Windows should it be? I ask because I had Windows 10 and upgraded to Windows 11. This through...
  7. Quick advice req'd on reinstalling Win 10 1809 on lagging laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Quick advice req'd on reinstalling Win 10 1809 on lagging laptop: Hi everyone. I have an old Acer laptop with win 10 Home build 1809. I'm guessing it's around 6 years old but it is 3.0 MHz i5 with 8 or 16 Gig. Not surprisingly it's gets slower with time but now it's almost beyond usable. A scannow found corrupted files it was unable to fix...
  8. Quick advice req'd on reinstalling Win 10 1809 on lagging laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick advice req'd on reinstalling Win 10 1809 on lagging laptop: Hi everyone. I have an old Acer laptop with win 10 Home build 1809. I'm guessing it's around 6 years old but it is 3.0 MHz i5 with 8 or 16 Gig. Not surprisingly it's gets slower with time but now it's almost beyond usable. A scannow found corrupted files it was unable to fix...
  9. Endless Problems for Months - Time for Fresh Reinstall - Need Advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Endless Problems for Months - Time for Fresh Reinstall - Need Advice: Hello, My computer is running Windows 10 Pro Education Insider Preview Build 17046.rs_prerelease.171118-1403 (whatever that means, lol). Things have been worse ever since I had the bright idea to switch over to the Insider Preview channel, but overall I've had problems...
  10. Advice to reinstall on a 1 month old new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice to reinstall on a 1 month old new computer: First thing to know is that this is a 1 month old new ACER Aspire ES1-533-C55P (x64) notebook Win10 Home (x64). About a month ago a friend called me about his wife wasn't able to log in to their Yahoo email account because the password wasn't working anymore and the forgot...