Windows 10: Reinstall Windows and Remove Dell Recovery Partition?

Discus and support Reinstall Windows and Remove Dell Recovery Partition? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 in production and expected to arrive in a few weeks. I know it will come with bloatware and I'd rather either do a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mccnavy, Dec 8, 2020.

1. mccnavy Win User

Reinstall Windows and Remove Dell Recovery Partition?

I have a Dell XPS 15 in production and expected to arrive in a few weeks. I know it will come with bloatware and I'd rather either do a Windows 10 refresh or simply reinstall from scratch than do manual uninstalls and have traces left in registry and elsewhere. If Dell still does what I recall there will be a partition for Dell Recovery that I believe is accessible from the BIOS. However, is it worth keeping or is reinstalling Windows from scratch, and wiping the entire drive a more reliable and higher performing option? I figure that if, after the clean install (using the license key that will be in the BIOS), I would just use Windows Recovery. I don't think clean install or removal of Dell Recovery partition would affect warranty. Thoughts?

:)

mccnavy, Dec 8, 2020
  2. bhaalkc Win User

Help accessing recovery partition

if he deleted the recovery partition, you wont be able to access it. You will have to reinstall Windows from dvd or cd.....

bhaalkc, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Reinstall Windows and Remove Dell Recovery Partition? - Similar Threads - Reinstall Remove Dell

2. How to access recovery partition after a windows reinstall was done

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access recovery partition after a windows reinstall was done: Hi, I purchased an "Open Box" LG Gram 17Z95P from Amazon, and found that a "Remove Everything" generic reset was done to resel the unit. Everything is functional except all the manufacturer's software is missing. Most I could easily live without, but I would like to see what...
  3. How to access recovery partition after a windows reinstall was done

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access recovery partition after a windows reinstall was done: Hi, I purchased an "Open Box" LG Gram 17Z95P from Amazon, and found that a "Remove Everything" generic reset was done to resel the unit. Everything is functional except all the manufacturer's software is missing. Most I could easily live without, but I would like to see what...
  4. Reinstalling Windows to remove all bloatware? (Dell G3)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows to remove all bloatware? (Dell G3): I have a pretty old Dell G3 3579 that I used "Reset this PC" to hopefully remove the bloatware, but it's all still there. I don't really want to remove it all one by one, because I'm not even too sure what is bloatware and what should stay (such as smartbyte and the dell...
  5. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  6. Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removed recovery partition - disk became invalid: I'm in panic mode right now. I have a 2TB HDD that I moved from my old PC. It had 2 partitions, one for OS (Win10) and one for my stuff. New system's OS (also Win10) is on SSD so I wanted to merge the 2 partitions on my HDD to get some of that sweet extra space. Turns out...
  7. Recovery Partition on Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  8. Can I remove these other recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I remove these other recovery partitions?: I have 3 Windows 10 (first version, current, and fast ring which I'm about to delete) on my PC and I also have 3 recovery partition. Can I remove the two other partitions but still my Windows won't be affected? Also, what 2 partitions should I remove?[ATTACH]...
  9. Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I Remove This "Recovery Partition?": Since I started using my own computer, there's been the Windows Partition, and this other partition that the Boot Manager refers to as "System Restore." Loading it would take me to a screen telling me that I should press the green button to revert my system back its original...
  10. Remove Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Recovery Partition: I just upgraded to version 1511. It recreated the 450 mb recovery partition I don't want and I don't need it!! Is there a way to remove it without doing a clean install of Windows am use diskpart? James 43883