Windows 10: Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?

Discus and support Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have an OEM version of Windows 10 which I accidentally installed as Legacy, instead of UEFI. Now, I am trying to install Debian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ZachWax, Jan 11, 2019.

1. ZachWax Win User

Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?

Hello,

I have an OEM version of Windows 10 which I accidentally installed as Legacy, instead of UEFI. Now, I am trying to install Debian alongside of it, and I require UEFI. Can I reinstall Windows as UEFI without losing my OEM license?

:)

ZachWax, Jan 11, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 11, 2019
  3. redeye Win User
    Windows 8x reinstall

While i am sure you have solved your problem, if you have not...

since the key is in the bios, try installing win10, microsoft seems to imply that win10 installer "sees" oem keys that you in bios (Windows 10 gets A digital entitlement Activation)

redeye, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries?

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version

1. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)

Thanks for any advice I can get...

bobmac1547, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10?

1. Reinstall windows as UEFI with OEM Win10? - Similar Threads - Reinstall UEFI OEM

2. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft: I have a hp laptop 2015 that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I purchased an upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro in 2016 and upgraded the Hp laptop to Windows 10 Pro in 2016 itself. Since them i have been using it.Now i want to reinstall my windows 10 on the same HP...
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft: I have a hp laptop 2015 that came with Windows 10 Home OEM. I purchased an upgrade from Microsoft for Windows 10 Pro in 2016 and upgraded the Hp laptop to Windows 10 Pro in 2016 itself. Since them i have been using it.Now i want to reinstall my windows 10 on the same HP...
  4. Reinstall Windows 10 with Win10 Home OEM and Win10 Pro Upg from Microsoft

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Win10 over OEM Win8.1?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 over OEM Win8.1?: Hi all, So, I have just purchased all parts for a desktop build and want to repurpose my old MSI GT60-0NE. My question is, can I do a clean Win10 install and use the OEM key to activate it? Or will it be declined because it was an 8.1 key? Ideally I'd like to just use the...
  6. OEM WIN10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM WIN10: I have an ASUS ROG STRIX Laptop with an OEM WIN10. Now I am planning to sell it with 2 years warranty left. What will happen to the Windows license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oem-win10/35b29683-88c4-4146-9af7-0188387e2c61
  7. Reinstall Win10 Pro UEFI or Legacy BIOS

Reinstall Win10 Pro UEFI or Legacy BIOS: I am preparing to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. I am going to do a complete delete-everything reinstall. I am going by the article posted in this community by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP “Clean Install Windows 10” I am going to use the basic Media Creation Tool referenced in the...
  8. Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstall Win10 with old OEM key.: My windows 10 has been acting funny for a while, its running on an ssd but still feels sluggish. I'm hoping a fresh windows install and drivers will help it feel brand new again. My question is, can I use my current key again? I have an OEM key which has been activated. Is...
  9. Reinstallation oem

Reinstallation oem: I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in...
  10. win10 oem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows oem with uefi key