Windows 10: Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive

Discus and support Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I have a big question to ask. What I want to do is - - - Updated - - - Hello Members, Sorry about the above message. I accidently pushed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elusiverunner, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive

Hello

I have a big question to ask. What I want to do is

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Members,

Sorry about the above message. I accidently pushed the enter key too early. Anyway what I have is a refurbished HP Notebook, that is only 2 years old. What I want to do is completely wipe the hard drive including partitions. I then want to reformat that drive install a very fresh copy of Windows 10 Home, which I have a copy on a USB. I need some step-by-step instructions, taking into account that I am an intermeadient user of Windows 10 (in my option a very unfriendly Operating system. Those that reply will be most gratefully appreciated.

:)

elusiverunner, Mar 2, 2020

2. Cleaned hard drive

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I will try to answer your question about the security of your online accounts that were once used with that hard drive.

By "clean" I assume you mean "format" or the actual "clean" command in diskpart- a feature built into Windows.

If that is the case then yes, the information needed to access your online accounts has been removed and it is safe to sell the drive.

If, however, this is not what you did, below please refer to the tutorial on how to run the "clean" command.

1. Press "Windows Key + R" to open the run dialogue

2. Type cmd then press
    Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run the command as an administrator

3. Then type diskpart and press enter

4. Then type list disk and press enter

5. Then a list of the hard drives connected will be displayed, type the number of the disk you want to clean with the "select disk" before it, for example
    select disk 1

BEFORE you proceed to the next step please be sure that you selected the correct disk as the next step is NOT recoverable.

6. Then type clean and press enter.

If you have any other questions please let me know and I'll be happy to answer them.

Omoikane1122, Mar 2, 2020
  3. vnktrmn Win User
    Wiped hard drive partitions keep coming back on Win10 Recovery disc

Thanks all for taking the time to review my case.

I guess my description was misleading.

I meant I am unable to wipe hard drive`s partitions. Not the virtual drive ones.

Step 1 - Boot error on normal startup saying a recent hardware or software change could be the cause

Step 2 - Repair disc. Attempts to do startup repair but fails saying it could not do so.

Step 3 - New OS installation. On partition delete, I attempted to delete existing partitions. Fails with message we couuldn`t format the drive.

Step 4 - Launched command prompt repair and attempted clean. Though t says clean is successful, contents are still undeleted.

Step 5 - Used partition manager within recovery cd, to format the hard drive of my tab. (32gb). Format says successful but the contents on hard drive came back.

Step 6 - tried to convert partitions to MBR. No luck. Same issue.

I am able to read my hard drive contents through to command prompt. So I am presuming no hard drive crash.

Also virtual ccd works fine. So no processor issue I guess.

I am damned for now unable to figure ouit what is the issue.

vnktrmn, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Olayele Win User

Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive

Formatting my hard drive on Toshiba Satellite and reinstalling Windows 10.

I use a Toshiba Satellite and I upgraded to windows 10.

I want to format my hard drive and reinstall windows 10.

How do I go about it?

Will appreciate a step by step procedure bearing in mind I am not a geek.

Olayele, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive

1. Reinstall Windows from a Clean Formatted Hard Disc Drive - Similar Threads - Reinstall Clean Formatted

2. Format hard drive and reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format hard drive and reinstallation: Hello,If I format the hard drive how do I go about reinstalling Windows and 365,? I have a Microsoft account recovery code but what about office? the last time i did anything like this you haddisks.RD...
  3. Format hard drive and reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Format hard drive and reinstallation: Hello,If I format the hard drive how do I go about reinstalling Windows and 365,? I have a Microsoft account recovery code but what about office? the last time i did anything like this you haddisks.RD...
  4. Format hard drive and reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  6. Formatting a hard disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting a hard disc: How to format a Widows XP hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/formatting-a-hard-disc/ac8f0d00-337d-45ba-9b1a-6ea0796dbaca
  7. external hard disc showing for format disc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disc showing for format disc: while I connect my external hard disc with data shows for format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-disc-showing-for-format-disc/a36ede3b-89f8-49e3-9511-7347823b0688"
  8. Hard disc drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disc drive: how do I access this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disc-drive/c22b4328-29eb-4520-8d3c-b63f5b5a27e7"
  9. Cannot format Hard drive to completely install clean Windows

Cannot format Hard drive to completely install clean Windows: Hi, I have a Viglen (Tesco's) Connect 10 tablet (Desktop-CTR0QB9). BIOS - american megatrends Ver 5.008. CPU - Intel Atom z3735G @ 1.33Ghz 32Bit with 64Bit support. Was all up to date with V1709, Malwarebytes, Defender. I was having a problem with the screen and...
  10. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...