Windows 10: Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

Discus and support Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am currently trying to clean up a computer at work and I decided that it needs a total wipe. Since it is a work computer, I do not want to attach a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeoffKlein, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

I am currently trying to clean up a computer at work and I decided that it needs a total wipe. Since it is a work computer, I do not want to attach a Microsoft account to it for the Windows 10 product key (it is incredibly frustrating that you need to do this now), but may need to reinstall windows. If I reinstalled it from a USB key (in the event I need to Boot-and-Nuke it), how can I properly obtain the Windows 10 product key without attaching it to an existing Microsoft account or making a dummy account.

:)

GeoffKlein, Sep 19, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Sep 19, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

1. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Reinstall USB Key

2. Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows 10 Product key wont work: So the last update from windows 10 caused my computer to crash so I had to reinstall Windows 10. As of right now it's showing its not activated and that it needs a product key. I still have the product key of when I first purchased Windows 10 but I get an error and it says...
  3. Product Key for reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  4. Lost USB Product Key

Lost USB Product Key: Hello. Back in Feb. of 2018, I purchased a Win 10 Home USB installer, which I used to install Windows on my Mac. I recently had my hard drive die and had it replaced, but I can't find my USB installer with the product key. Is there any way, short of buying another key, to...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key)

Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key): I bought a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF from Groupon that had Windows 10 already installed. The package did not include any kind of documentation from Microsoft, just the computer itself. Long story short, I now have to reinstall Windows off of the DVD ISO from the Microsoft...
  6. Windows 10 reinstall can’t find product key

Windows 10 reinstall can’t find product key: trying to reinstall windows 10 because of an error but i cant find my product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reinstall-cant-find-product-key/28985be8-cb2a-4497-9e36-2df432da0807
  7. Windows 10 product key reinstall

Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...
  8. Windows 10 product key

Windows 10 product key: Hii there. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language installed in my Laptop and before in settings it was displaying that Windows 10 is activated with your account linked .. and now it says no product key found. Please help me regarding the same Thank you...
  9. Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall

Windows 7 Product Key on Windows 10 reinstall: hi i have an original Windows 7 product key and now running Windows 10 afterfree upgrade. i need to reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 from USB. Do i use my Win 7 product key? Thanks...
  10. Reinstall: product key blocked?

Reinstall: product key blocked?: I originally got win10 through the free upgrade from 8.1 and did the install that only replaces system files etc. Some things weren't working correctly such as the sleep function and I kept being unable to login due to the start menu and Cortana not starting, so I decided to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with installing windows 10 from usb product key