Windows 10: Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

Discus and support Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am currently trying to clean up a computer at work and I decided that it needs a total wipe. Since it is a work computer, I do not want to attach a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GeoffKlein, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

I am currently trying to clean up a computer at work and I decided that it needs a total wipe. Since it is a work computer, I do not want to attach a Microsoft account to it for the Windows 10 product key (it is incredibly frustrating that you need to do this now), but may need to reinstall windows. If I reinstalled it from a USB key (in the event I need to Boot-and-Nuke it), how can I properly obtain the Windows 10 product key without attaching it to an existing Microsoft account or making a dummy account.

:)

GeoffKlein, Sep 19, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

windows 10 key

Google and download the "Windows 10 media creation tool"

Create a USB flash drive ISO and that's all you need...it will work without needing a key..
    Just skip past entering a key during full install and delete all partitions, format, create new drive and install...

As long as you have upgraded from Windows 8 first...you need to do that prior to using your Windows 8 key for 10.

jmcslob, Sep 19, 2019
  3. windows 10 key

Now that I have finally upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10 will my Windows 8 key work with a fresh install of Windows 10?

Easy Rhino, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key

1. Reinstall Windows from USB Key - Windows 10 Product Key - Similar Threads - Reinstall USB Key

2. Reinstall windows 10 - product key needed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall windows 10 - product key needed?: I have a Windows 10 PC that suddenly stopped working. Recovery is not working. Rollback is working forever without any progress. Reset PC from the recovery menu does not work. So I guess I have to reinstall windows with the media creation tool. But I don't know my windows...
  3. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  4. Reinstall product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  5. Reinstalling Windows with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with Product Key: Over the break and in the past few months I've been waiting to do a full system wipe to start from scratch on my PC. The primary reason is that I am installing a new 500 gb m.2 SSD so I wanted to make that my boot drive, but also wanted to get rid of anything I didn't and...
  6. Windows 10 USB product key

Windows 10 USB product key: I just recently built my first computer and with it, I installed Windows 10. I bought a USB Flashdrive to install it from amazon. Now that I am connected to the internet, my windows is not activated. I looked everywhere and I am unable to find the product key. What should I...
  7. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  8. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  9. Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key)

Reinstalling Windows 10(forgot product key): I bought a HP Compaq 8000 Elite SFF from Groupon that had Windows 10 already installed. The package did not include any kind of documentation from Microsoft, just the computer itself. Long story short, I now have to reinstall Windows off of the DVD ISO from the Microsoft...
  10. Windows 10 product key reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. get help with installing windows 10 from usb product key