Windows 10: Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

Discus and support Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LakshyaGandhi, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool → upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files??May anybody please help me?

:)

LakshyaGandhi, Oct 11, 2021
  2. steveeyes Win User

Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data

After windows 10 last update my windows was corrupted and I could not find a fix. After hours of research and trying to find a way to fix my problem I decided reinstalling windows was the way to go.

I have two internal drives. Drive C and Drive D. My drive C works fine and all my window problems were fixed. But now I don't see my drive D even though it is there. When I ran windows Disk Management it shows the drive but it is unallocated.

My drive D is loaded with data that I don't want to lose. When searching for a solution, ever solution was an ad for buying software to fix the problem. If that is what I have to do I will but before I take another step I wanted to get feedback. Maybe if I would of done that in the first place I would not be having this problem.

So the question is. How do I fix my unallocated internal Drive D without losing the data on it.

Thanks

p.s. I'm using windows 10

steveeyes, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Reinstall windows 10 without losing data

my laptop currently windows 10 won't boot into desktop or in login screen after I did some force shutdown by holding down power button.

What to do?

These are the steps I performed

1. Bootrec /fixmbr

2. Bootrec /fixboot

3. Bootrec /rebuildbcd

4. Chkdsk c: /f /r /x

in step 4, I've got an error in step 2 then i close the cmd in advanced boot options.

now my question is, what other method should I need to do without losing my very important data inside my drive?

is system repairing using a bootable disk can be use? withput losing data?

Cris MarkSotto, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

1. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data - Similar Threads - Reinstall drive without

2. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  3. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??: my pc had a problem where the screen is blank and theres a blinking underscore on the top left corner, i thought its temporary until i learnt its a bigger problem, they say to reinstall windows 10 so i tried with a bootable usb, but the upgrade option is not available because...
  4. How to reinstall windows 10 without losing data??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  7. Reinstall Windows without losing data

8. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  9. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  10. Reinstall Win 10 without losing data

Reinstall Win 10 without losing data: Please direct me to a relevant tutorial so that I can reinstall Windows 10 without losing anything on my computer. I hav Macrium so imaging the C drive isn't a problem. 163886