Windows 10: Reinstall windows in old pc

Discus and support Reinstall windows in old pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have an old pc that was bought with a windows 7 oem license, which then was upgraded to windows 10 for free by microsoft when it came out. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aviondi, Dec 17, 2021.

1. aviondi Win User

Reinstall windows in old pc

Hello I have an old pc that was bought with a windows 7 oem license, which then was upgraded to windows 10 for free by microsoft when it came out. We need to format the C drive and reinstall everything as is not working properly, my question is, can I create a usb drive with windows 10 with other pc and reinstall it in the old pc, or do i need to create a windows 7 drive, or how could I do it? Basically the oem license would go in exactly the same hardware and we have the original windows code, but I´m not sure how to do it, any advice is appreciated

:)

aviondi, Dec 17, 2021

2. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Dec 17, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Dec 17, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstall windows in old pc :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Reinstall windows in old pc - Similar Threads - Reinstall old

2. HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...: First time performing a disc wipe and I've heard it can take a few days, and I heard it should take a couple of hours.Can I stop it? Check it? There's no indicator I can see.Win11Thanks...
  3. HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Pavillion 2 years old seems to be stuck in wipe disc and reinstall windows. It is hour...: First time performing a disc wipe and I've heard it can take a few days, and I heard it should take a couple of hours.Can I stop it? Check it? There's no indicator I can see.Win11Thanks...
  4. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  5. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...: Cannot activate windows because my product key is not working. Could i maybe get a new product key? i got receipts and everything that shows that i got a new motherboard, so it maybe interfered with my product key. Also i might've been in another microsoft account before i...
  6. I got a new motherboard and i had to reinstall windows as well. Now my old product key...

7. I want to reinstall windows 7 on my old samsung Laptop Model code:NB300V5AH

I want to reinstall windows 7 on my old samsung Laptop Model code:NB300V5AH: So i have a samsung laptop running windows 10 and it is very slow and i would like to reinstall windows 7 but i am worried but drivers issues or usb issues i have the product key under the laptop it is a windows 7 home premium product key.The laptop came preinstalled with...
  8. I want to reinstall windows 7 on my old samsung Laptop Model code:NB300V5AH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall windows 7 on my old samsung Laptop Model code:NB300V5AH: So i have a samsung laptop running windows 10 and it is very slow and i would like to reinstall windows 7 but i am worried but drivers issues or usb issues i have the product key under the laptop it is a windows 7 home premium product key.The laptop came preinstalled with...
  9. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...
  10. How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?

How to reinstall old graphics driver when roll back isn't an option?: I thought that uninstalling my graphics driver was the fix to getting my brightness bar. I don't have a brightness bar at all, it's very strange. I uninstalled it but now I regret it and want that graphics driver back. It won't let me roll back though. How do I find it and...