Windows 10: Reinstall windows license new HDD

Discus and support Reinstall windows license new HDD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my SSD crashed together with my Win 10 on it,no recovery method works. Initially I bought a license for that Win 10 installation. Now I am going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by michael_emcd, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Reinstall windows license new HDD

Hi, my SSD crashed together with my Win 10 on it,no recovery method works. Initially I bought a license for that Win 10 installation. Now I am going to install a new Win 10 on a new SSD. How can I transfer my old license to this new Win 10 installation? I will be using my old Microsoft account on it as well. I am also not sure if I received the initial activation code by email.

:)

michael_emcd, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Feb 4, 2020
  3. suraswami Win User
    I need to move windows to a new hdd

you are correct, if he already reinstalled windows, he need to reinstall all the programs, he might as well do the same thing on the new drive directly, will be cleaner.

suraswami, Feb 4, 2020
  4. theonedub Win User

Reinstall windows license new HDD

I need to move windows to a new hdd

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, but he is not going to be able to move software using Acronis. If you reinstalled Windows the next step is reinstalling all your software.

theonedub, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall windows license new HDD

1. Reinstall windows license new HDD - Similar Threads - Reinstall license HDD

2. Can not reinstall Win 11 on new hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not reinstall Win 11 on new hdd: Windows 11 will not install on new hdd. Ran Ok on this machine until I had to replace the hdd with a larger one - 1Tb. When I run the USB install for Win 11 pro 22H2, accept "I do not have a product key" and select Windows 11 Pro it comes back and says "This PC can not run...
  3. Can not reinstall Win 11 on new hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not reinstall Win 11 on new hdd: Windows 11 will not install on new hdd. Ran Ok on this machine until I had to replace the hdd with a larger one - 1Tb. When I run the USB install for Win 11 pro 22H2, accept "I do not have a product key" and select Windows 11 Pro it comes back and says "This PC can not run...
  4. Windows License key reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows License key reinstall: read a thread about transferring "Transfer Windows 10 license to SSD" i get what they are saying, but the problem that i have is that i went from windows 7 to windows 10, so do i reinstall windows 7 or 10??...
  5. Upgrading Windows 7 license on HDD to Windows 10 license on new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 7 license on HDD to Windows 10 license on new SSD: Hi, I have an old Toshiba PC with Windows 7 OEM and HDD. I plan to replace the HDD with an SSD and install Windows 10 21H1. I created the installation media with the Media Creation Tool on a USB stick from another computer of mine. What should I do to upgrade from a Windows 7...
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 License on HDD to Windows 10 License on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Windows 7 License on HDD to Windows 10 License on new SSD: Hi, I have an old Toshiba PC with Windows 7 OEM and HDD. I plan to replace the HDD with an SSD and install Windows 10 21H1. I created the installation media with the Media Creation Tool on a USB stick from another computer of mine. What should I do to upgrade from a Windows 7...
  7. Reinstalling Windows with an OEM License

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with an OEM License: A friend wants to switch from a hard drive to an SSD on her HP laptop, which of these three would be feasible with carrying over her OEM license? It's Windows 10 Home. Installing Windows to the SSD fresh, activating with the OEM license/key (preferred). Copying over the...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows 10 and new license key: Greetings! I am looking for some guidance on my current situation with my Windows 10. So I bought a computer set up for an awesome price a few years ago from an old coworker of mine and now I am in need of updating windows 10 because my current version is running a bit slow....
  9. Reinstall Windows 10 with new license

Reinstall Windows 10 with new license: I have a laptop from my old company that went bankrupt. The company did not ask for the laptops back. he company did not wipe the computers clean either. The computer has a licensed Windows 10 Enterprise, but I am unable to activate it because it was owned by the company. The...
  10. reinstall windows and save the license

reinstall windows and save the license: I bought my laptop in China and windows is in chinese. I want to reinstall windows and save the license. I download media creation tool and with its help I downloaded windows. but I had two options windows 10 in english or windows 10 home china in chinese. I chose the first...