Windows 10: Reinstall windows on Linux machine

Discus and support Reinstall windows on Linux machine in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, long time Linux user I have not spent much time on windows in years but I have a new cnc machine that I will be better off with windows on. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChadWilliam1, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Reinstall windows on Linux machine

Hello, long time Linux user I have not spent much time on windows in years but I have a new cnc machine that I will be better off with windows on. So I have a laptop that is perfect for this it is a 14 inch Lenovo think pad. I removed windows and I did not back any of it up.

What are my options in order to put windows back in this machine. I plan to upgrade the ssd to a 1 tb prior to doing the install as I might attempt a dual boot set up.

Thank you

submitted by /u/ChadWilliam1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChadWilliam1, Mar 4, 2020
  2. xfire Win User

remove linux and reinstall vista ultimate

Ubuntu=Live CD->7 installation steps where partitioning is done automaticall.
    Windows= Many steps+ selecting the drive to instal to.

and the part where you said you should never make linux your sole OS angered me.
    Also, you can install windows over linux and then put grub back to make it dual boot. Just use gparted to resize the drive. Then install windows on the new partition. Use super grub disk to restore grub.

xfire, Mar 4, 2020
  3. Silverel Win User
    Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Reinstall windows on Linux machine

Dual boot Windows 7 and Linux Mint 17 machine. Challenge: to get Windows 10 upgrade installed

No problem, Windows 10 downloads, tries to install, then aborts.

Any suggestions other than to remove Linux, somehow fix the boot, upgrade Windows 7 to 10, then reinstall Linux so the desktop becomes a dual boot machine once again?

//Don K

DonKarabelnikoff, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall windows on Linux machine

1. Reinstall windows on Linux machine - Similar Threads - Reinstall Linux machine

2. Windows Reinstallation after linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Reinstallation after linux: I want to install linux in my laptop from scratch, i.e., I want to format the SSD drive and then install Linux in it. But before removing windows, I am thinking of creating a recovery usb drive. I want to know that if I reinstall windows in future, will the windows still...
  3. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows using Linux: Fairly short question.I have been locked out of my Windows 10 laptop because of the automatic repair screen and me forgetting my windows password. I read about and found this could be fixed by reinstalling windows on a secondary device and plugging it in and booting, but that...
  4. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

Reinstalling Windows using Linux: Fairly short question.I have been locked out of my Windows 10 laptop because of the automatic repair screen and me forgetting my windows password. I read about and found this could be fixed by reinstalling windows on a secondary device and plugging it in and booting, but that...
  5. Reinstalling Windows using Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Upload is slow with windows machines but not with linux

Upload is slow with windows machines but not with linux: Hi,We have network speed issue in our infrastructure.We have run a speed test and we noticed a difference of upload speed between windows and linux machinesWindows: Download +-100Mb/s Uploads +-30Mb/sLinux: Download +-100Mb/s Uploads +-100Mb/sWe can't figure out why this huge...
  7. Upload is slow with windows machines but not with linux

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload is slow with windows machines but not with linux: Hi,We have network speed issue in our infrastructure.We have run a speed test and we noticed a difference of upload speed between windows and linux machinesWindows: Download +-100Mb/s Uploads +-30Mb/sLinux: Download +-100Mb/s Uploads +-100Mb/sWe can't figure out why this huge...
  8. Upload is slow with windows machines but not with linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux: Once I enable Virtual machine and Windows subsystem for Linux and install Ubuntu from app store on Window 10 home 2004 the laptop screen is having some flickering issues. The issue got resolve if I disable these two. If anyone experience the issue, please suggest the...
  10. Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy files from Windows machine to Linux machine: Hi All, I wanted to copy a folder of files from windows EC2 to Linux EC2, I have tried pscp but it is asking pem key file to validate, its in production so i dont wanted to use that. I am using both the machines in windows AD, so is there way to validate the authentication...