Windows 10: Reinstall Windows "Server" Service?

Discus and support Reinstall Windows "Server" Service? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was trying to install Docker, and it kept giving me a service not started error. Looking into it, I think with NSSM I accidentally removed the "Server"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pbc, Jul 17, 2020.

1. PBC
    pbc Win User

Reinstall Windows "Server" Service?

Was trying to install Docker, and it kept giving me a service not started error. Looking into it, I think with NSSM I accidentally removed the "Server" service from my Windows 10 Pro server.

It's not longer sitting in my services.msc area either.

Is there a way to reinstall it? Can't seem to find anything online.

:)

2. newtekie1 Win User

TPU Minecraft Server

Done. Thanks for the suggestion!*Toast :toast:

newtekie1, Jul 17, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstall Windows "Server" Service? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Reinstall Windows "Server" Service?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall Windows "Server" Service?

1. Reinstall Windows "Server" Service? - Similar Threads - Reinstall Server Service

2. How to reinstall windows security services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to reinstall windows security services: I have acccidentally deleted my windows security services, how do i solve this issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reinstall-windows-security-services/50000368-4ae5-48c7-bb63-f7a9ec279d44
  3. Windows Server 2000 Service Pack 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server 2000 Service Pack 4: I am setting up a lab environment for practice and testing in pen testing and ethical hacking. I'm creating VMs of as many Windows, Linux and macOS versions as I can find; all legal and within licensing agreements of couse. I know I'm going to run into old stuff out in the...
  4. Windows Server 2000 Service Pack 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2000 Service Pack 4: I am setting up a lab environment for practice and testing in pen testing and ethical hacking. I'm creating VMs of as many Windows, Linux and macOS versions as I can find; all legal and within licensing agreements of couse. I know I'm going to run into old stuff out in the...
  5. NPS server service is not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NPS server service is not starting: NPS server service is failing to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nps-server-service-is-not-starting/5b3401f8-ad8d-43f6-a4b9-187bc2623a45
  6. NPS server service is not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NPS server service is not starting: NPS server service is failing to start https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nps-server-service-is-not-starting/5b3401f8-ad8d-43f6-a4b9-187bc2623a45
  7. How to disable Server Service in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable Server Service in windows 10?: How to disable Server Service in windows 10? 167881
  8. What is Service Host: Server?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is Service Host: Server?: Hi all, My new company requires us all to use Citrix Workspace for office related work. Ever since I've installed this software, I've noticed that my machine is super laggy. Even when I log off of Citrix Workspace and exit the application, I notice it is super slow. I...
  9. Is it safe to disable service Server?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to disable service Server?: Hi! when I google for services that are safe to disable, none of the articles seem to mention Server. But service called Server is responsible for all kinds of shares like \\localhost\c$ which could potentially be security problem. Is it sefe to disable it or if I do then...
  10. Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall not asking for permissions for server services.: Hello. I have been a windows user ever since I remember and whenever I wanted to host a server, I always got a firewall prompt asking me whether I want allow the application to access the internet. I always clicked yes and everything worked, until recently. I am not sure...