Windows 10: Reinstall Windows with new product key

Discus and support Reinstall Windows with new product key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Purchased a Windows 10 pro product key from a friend so I could upgrade from 10 home. This, however, isn’t a upgrade key, it’s a install key. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dreadcarrier, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Reinstall Windows with new product key

Purchased a Windows 10 pro product key from a friend so I could upgrade from 10 home. This, however, isn’t a upgrade key, it’s a install key.

How can I reinstall Windows so that it prompts me to enter a product key for 10 pro? I’ve tried the clean install and reset this PC option but to no avail.

submitted by /u/Dreadcarrier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dreadcarrier, Feb 6, 2020

2. Reinstall Windows 10 with OEM product key

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate.
    You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key
    you already ownto reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Convert a Windows 8pro product key to a Windows 10pro produkt key

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to Uninstall the license using the following steps.

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk
    • Press Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer.
    Further on, install Windows 8.1 activate the copy with the product key on the new machine. Then again upgrade the same to Windows 10 using Window Update or Media Creation Tool.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 6, 2020
  4. L Burgo Win User

Reinstall Windows with new product key

New DELL laptop- Windows Product Key

Hi and thanks DaveM121 for the prompt reply.

I followed the instructions supplied by the DELL email but in the end Windows would not automatically activate. I just found an answer by following this below google result instructions:

Find Windows 10 Product Key on a New Computer

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    3. At the command prompt, type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey. This will reveal the product key. Volume License Product Key Activation.

I copied the key and entered it into the option to change product key (not that one was entered as it said it was inactive in red text). FWIW, I never got a product key in any form suggested by the problem solving suggestions
    wormhole link I found in Settings. Apologies if this is a basic newbie issue. It has been doing my head in for the last couple of hours.

Anyway, greatly appreciate your time. Thanks again DaveM121.

L Burgo, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Reinstall Windows with new product key

1. Reinstall Windows with new product key - Similar Threads - Reinstall product key

2. Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID: Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key-to-format-windows-and-reinstall/f6afb539-a807-44f4-90e9-9fb04dc64a6a
  3. Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID: Need product key to format windows and reinstall with new ID https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-product-key-to-format-windows-and-reinstall/f6afb539-a807-44f4-90e9-9fb04dc64a6a
  4. product key and reinstalling windows ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    product key and reinstalling windows ?: I activated my device with windows 10. then shortly asked if I wanted to upgrade to a better more fast and safer design windows 10 enterprise I did shortly before it started the form. I had the info. on the the product key asked to down load it with a flash drive I didn't...
  5. Reinstall product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall product key: hi already l have product key have i can reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-product-key/5b23a23d-7eac-4f64-aabf-38cccf021afe
  6. Reinstalling Windows with Product Key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reinstalling Windows with Product Key: Over the break and in the past few months I've been waiting to do a full system wipe to start from scratch on my PC. The primary reason is that I am installing a new 500 gb m.2 SSD so I wanted to make that my boot drive, but also wanted to get rid of anything I didn't and...
  7. Reinstalling Windows Product Key

Reinstalling Windows Product Key: I recently reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer. I had it activated beforehand and it was working perfectly fine, but after reinstallation it wasnts another product key? Am I supposed to use my first product key?...
  8. Product Key for reinstalling windows

Product Key for reinstalling windows: I want to reinstall my laptop When I bought my laptop, there were already windows 10 So, if windows ask me a product key when reinstalling, where I can see my windows product key?...
  9. Windows 10 product key reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key reinstall: I had to reinstall my copy of windows 10 from a flash drive I had it saved on. I had originally upgraded from windows 7. When I tried to enter my key though it wouldn't work. Is there a way to fix this or get a new key? I had to reinstall windows 7 again for now but I want to...
  10. Reinstall: product key blocked?

Reinstall: product key blocked?: I originally got win10 through the free upgrade from 8.1 and did the install that only replaces system files etc. Some things weren't working correctly such as the sleep function and I kept being unable to login due to the start menu and Cortana not starting, so I decided to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall windows with new product key