Windows 10: Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

Discus and support Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an SSD that I use to install any and all programs that let me choose the install location. Is there any way I don't have to reinstall those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Osumunbro, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

I have an SSD that I use to install any and all programs that let me choose the install location. Is there any way I don't have to reinstall those programs? or would I have to, so that keys are made in the registry?

If I still have to reinstall all my programs, could I just make a copy of the programs files and then replace the freshly installed program with the backup, so I don't lose any settings/data?

edit: also this Christmas I will be swapping out my 8700k for the 9900ks, do I need to reinstall Windows, is it recommend, or not necessary at all?

submitted by /u/Osumunbro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Osumunbro, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Reinstall Windows?

I just went to the official Windows Vista Compatibility website and checked the x64 compatibility for some of the programs I run. One of those programs is Adobe Premier Elements 4 and it happens to have a big red X and "Not Compatible" listing. That's just one example. Several other programs I use regularly are also listed as not compatible and a whole bunch more aren't even on the list.

So are you saying that these programs will run ok under the Vista x64 OS but in a 32-bit mode? Is that how it works or are there really a bunch of programs out there which simply won't work under the Vista x64 OS?

Pete

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

Windows Reinstall Question

I need to reinstall Win7 .I have all games and third party programs(NERO,STEAM,games,perfectdisk,pictures,music) installed on my second harddrive.Will these still work "after" the reinstall?Thanks

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

1. Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs? - Similar Threads - Reinstall Without Reinstalling

2. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  3. Activating without reinstallation

Activating without reinstallation: Built a pc a while ago and used the media tool to install w10 pro without a product key. If I buy it from the Microsoft store, can I just use the key from that, assuming they email it to me, to activate the windows I already use instead of reinstalling it completely?...
  4. program that will not reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    program that will not reinstall: Not sure if I am in the right place for this. I had a favorite free digital clock program on my taskbar for a long time that just will not reinstall now. This problem apparently dates back to replacement of a hard drive with the installation of a SSD hard drive. The...
  5. Reinstall a program

Reinstall a program: Hi, I had a Windows 10 PC. A program was not functioning well so I thought that I should remove it and reinstall it. It was a paid subscription and I was given a link to install. The link is not working now. I want to reinstall the program. It is less than 24 hours after...
  6. Reinstall Windows without logging in?

Reinstall Windows without logging in?: My computer is having horrible problems. Page fault in non-paged area irql not less or equal DRIVER IRQL not less or equal System thread exception not handled KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED There are also apparently some system files (and specifically System 32 files) that...
  7. Reinstalling windows without a disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling windows without a disk?: So where to start I believe I have a corrupt copy of windows. First it started with a reboot loop and upon booting into safe mode I found I couldn't use any windows functions such as the start up menu, Microsoft store, internet explorer, so on. I then attempted trying a...
  8. Reinstall a program

Reinstall a program: I did a Windows reset and my old Nikon Picture Project was removed. I want to reinstall it and am unable to do so. Help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-a-program/6c3554d4-c58c-4f39-8fdf-7a1fbbfc26a9
  9. reinstall a program

reinstall a program: how to reinstall a pgm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-a-program/6da82805-d0c2-4e6b-a200-5002e8af98b4
  10. Change location of program without uninstalling & reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change location of program without uninstalling & reinstalling?: Hi: I accidentally installed game into my Start Menu; i.e. it's installed into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games. I would like to have it installed into C:\Program Files (x86)\Games. Does anyone know how I could either 1) make the changes in the...