Windows 10: reinstall windows without the may update

Discus and support reinstall windows without the may update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I went ahead and let the may 2019 update install... big mistake. hope I could reinstall windows then my apps (that quit working)... that didn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mdavidson64, Jul 16, 2019.

1. reinstall windows without the may update

I went ahead and let the may 2019 update install... big mistake.

hope I could reinstall windows then my apps (that quit working)... that didn't work. now it appears I cant reinstall win 10 with out it automatically installing the update.

any ideas?

:)

mdavidson64, Jul 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond reinstall windows without the may update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 17, 2019
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. MrGenius Win User

reinstall windows without the may update

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! reinstall windows without the may update :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

reinstall windows without the may update

1. reinstall windows without the may update - Similar Threads - reinstall without may

2. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  3. MSVCRT.DLL may need to be reinstalled message.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSVCRT.DLL may need to be reinstalled message.: The windows 10 PC for a relative only today started to give this error message whenever I try to open a PDF, word file - basically any file Excluding applications like browsers and antivirus.I have tried to scan the computer with the anti-virus software and I attempted a...
  4. Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you reinstal windows without reinstaling.: What i meen its to delete all files on pc without the windows files. submitted by /u/bmihai358 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/motdri/can_you_reinstal_windows_without_reinstaling/
  5. Activating without reinstallation

Activating without reinstallation: Built a pc a while ago and used the media tool to install w10 pro without a product key. If I buy it from the Microsoft store, can I just use the key from that, assuming they email it to me, to activate the windows I already use instead of reinstalling it completely?...
  6. Reinstall Windows without logging in?

Reinstall Windows without logging in?: My computer is having horrible problems. Page fault in non-paged area irql not less or equal DRIVER IRQL not less or equal System thread exception not handled KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED There are also apparently some system files (and specifically System 32 files) that...
  7. Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall WIN 10 without edge update: Windows edge updated my laptop without asking. Original edge worked fine, the update has many issues. As designed, I could not uninstall this problem update. I spent hours trying to remove, without success. I tried reverting to an earlier version without success. I reset...
  8. reinstall windows without wiping data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reinstall windows without wiping data: I'll start off with saying I'm an idiot for not backing up my files before my pc crashed and gave me the blue screen of death. Is there a way to reinstall windows and still keep my files on my hard drive? Can I use the installation media from a usb without wiping my computer?...
  9. Reinstalling windows without a disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling windows without a disk?: So where to start I believe I have a corrupt copy of windows. First it started with a reboot loop and upon booting into safe mode I found I couldn't use any windows functions such as the start up menu, Microsoft store, internet explorer, so on. I then attempted trying a...
  10. Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?

Reinstall Windows Without Reinstalling Programs?: I have an SSD that I use to install any and all programs that let me choose the install location. Is there any way I don't have to reinstall those programs? or would I have to, so that keys are made in the registry? If I still have to reinstall all my programs, could I just...