Windows 10: Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

Discus and support Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded to Windows10 from WIndows7 sometime ago and have just kept cloning my hard drive whenever I needed a drive upgrade. I've ended up with a 2T... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DuncanMcDonald, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

I upgraded to Windows10 from WIndows7 sometime ago and have just kept cloning my hard drive whenever I needed a drive upgrade. I've ended up with a 2T NTFS drive with Windows10 that has a messed up boot record and also won't update the OS. I'm thinking I need to (or should) reformat my drive to FAT32 and reinstall the OS. Is there anyway to do that without also having to reinstall all of the applications? If you can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat? :)

:)

DuncanMcDonald, Oct 15, 2019
  2. keakar Win User

Reformat and Install

yep, reformat and reinstall will erase and record over the old info and is 98% cetain way to be virus clean but there could be bits and pieces of old data hidden that is not able to be accessed by you or used by your computer but it is still there in the background. data that has been erased CAN be restored if you know what you are doing but scrambled data cant be read even if it is recovered so its the only certain way something can be deleted for certain.

to zero a drive or scrambling the disc basicly makes anything left on it unreadable so if you are concerned about leaving sensative info behind when selling your computer or if there was something like a really aggresive virus or illegal stuff that you are concerned about then it just takes a little while to take this step to completely clear the drive.

keakar, Oct 15, 2019
  3. Windows Store Apps stuck in 'restoring user data' and do not download

wsreset.exe worked for me.

It did not work immediately, the app still showed as stuck when I opened the store and I was unable to open it or remove it. But restarting my Surface, running wsreset.exe again, then restarting again, then I went to the app's store page and reinstalled
    it and it worked amazing. Here are those steps again in order:

• App gets stuck "restoring user data"
    • Restart computer
    • Run wsreset.exe
    • Restart computer
    • Go to app page in the Windows Store, "Install" should now be available. Click "Install" and it works.

Jayce Nornin, Oct 15, 2019
  4. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

New CPU + New Mobo = Reformat?

Yea, to get the full potential of your new hardware, I would reformat and reinstall like everyone has suggested. *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Oct 15, 2019
Thema:

Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat?

1. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat? - Similar Threads - Reinstall Windows10 restore

2. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  3. Restore app data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore app data: After I moved Microsoft Journal from disk C to D, I opened it and all my journals disappeared. I checked the Documents folder, but there where only new journals. I think that this happened after moving M. Journal. Is there a way to restore the Data? I need a lot of them...
  4. Restore removed apps data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore removed apps data: Suddenly I find online a list of removed apps and data of 1/15/2023. List was never found since the reset.How to restore all of them. Only two are shown in the blue clickable link form....
  5. Restore removed apps data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore removed apps data: Suddenly I find online a list of removed apps and data of 1/15/2023. List was never found since the reset.How to restore all of them. Only two are shown in the blue clickable link form....
  6. Restore removed apps data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Data loss after Windows10 Update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data loss after Windows10 Update?: Hello, community, I still have Windows 7 on my laptop (year 2015) I am aware that I can update to Win10 for free. However, I am still concerned about the question of whether my data will be lost? Does everything remain the same (desktop/own files ect pp) after the update?...
  8. Restoring Apps and Data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Apps and Data: Backed up my C:\ drive containing Windows 10 Home and all my other apps and the downloads I don't want to delete*. Synched personal files drive with another PC. While I was in the midst of doing something else the PC began installing Windows 10 Version 1803 x64 and there...
  9. how to recover data after reformatting

how to recover data after reformatting: good day I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be deleted. and now, how can I recover my apps like Microsoft Office Suite? I'm waiting for your reply. thank you...
  10. Windows10 reinstall or restore or...?

Windows10 reinstall or restore or...?: Hey guys. New to the forums. I have a dell inspiron 7000 series with windows 10 home. Any dell I've ever owned has always had a bad install of windows. I used to tech on windows 7 down to windows 95, but have very little experience with 10 since I left the field. I used to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reinstall Windows10 and restore apps/data after reformat ...