Windows 10: Reinstall with "digital entitlement"

Discus and support Reinstall with "digital entitlement" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just installed Windows 10 onto a laptop that had Windows 7. It originally had 8.1 but I replaced it with 7. I just checked and Windows 10 is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HarryD, Nov 30, 2015.

1. HarryD Win User

Reinstall with "digital entitlement"

I just installed Windows 10 onto a laptop that had Windows 7. It originally had 8.1 but I replaced it with 7. I just checked and Windows 10 is activated by "digital entitlement". I thought I would have to use the key that came with my retail copy of Windows 7 to activate 10. But after searching I read that there is a Windows 8.1 key in the BIOS that was used.

My question is, if I reinstall Windows 10 to this computer (for whatever reason), will the install still be activated or will I need to buy a copy of Windows 10?

:)

HarryD, Nov 30, 2015

2. lost my windows product key

I got my Windows10 upgrade online so I assume it was "Digital Entitlement", but how can I copy or use this entitlement If I need to reinstall windows after formatting my computer or installing it on a new PC?

ZiyadAlmunifi, Nov 30, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Nov 30, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Yes, it will. I have the same, digital entitlement, and when I reinstall 10 it activates each time.

HTH
    Jeff *Smile

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Reinstall with "digital entitlement" - Similar Threads - Reinstall digital entitlement

2. Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-activating a Win10 digital entitlement license: Hi,I have a Win10 system with is licensed with a digital entitlement license which I need to re-install Windows 10 on exactly the same system - I'm not trying to transfer to a new machineAccording to this article If you have a digital license for your device, you can...
  3. Reinstalling Windows 10 digital entitlement without loosing files and folders.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reinstalling Windows 10 digital entitlement without loosing files and folders.: Can I reinstall the Windows 10 digital entitlement program and if so, will the files and folders be in the correct place? Will this correct the constant stop codes and reboots. I am having too many stop codes since the recent Windows 10 updates....
  4. No digital entitlement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No digital entitlement: I upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home successfully. It shows windows is activated, but there is no message stating digital entitlement. Windows is working fine and updating, but if I need to do a clean install in the future, can this cause any problem, as I...
  5. Digital Entitlement applicable for upgraded motherboard?

Digital Entitlement applicable for upgraded motherboard?: Am I correct that the Digital Entitlement allows me to upgrade my motherboard and still have a valid Win 10 installation? That's what I surmise from reading posts on this? I plan to upgrade my recording studio system. 69239
  6. No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key'

No "Valid Digital Entitlement Or Product Key': W7 tower that was upgraded to 10 over a year ago. Got a TM.sys error (Tm.sys - 0xc0000221 Error - Windows 10 Forums) necessitating a reinstall. Everything went fine except for my desktop picture that was about 40% bigger than it used to be. I shrunk it down using MS Paint,...
  7. Digital entitlement

Digital entitlement: Had an odd thing happen. I had to replace my motherboard(Asus to Asrock) and do a clean install of Win 10 Pro. I have a retail copy of 10 pro but I never entered my licence number as requested during install, when I got the update and security screen/activation I was...
  8. Restoring Digital Entitlement

Restoring Digital Entitlement: Bought Windows 10 Pro from an authorized dealer and successfully installed then activated Windows 10 on a standalone PC with the Activation key that came with the CD. With that same CD I installed Windows 10 on a Laptop I had as well, (an additional machine). Could not...
  9. Will it still get the digital entitlement?

Will it still get the digital entitlement?: Hi, I want to reinstall Win10. It was previously an upgrade from win7 but 32-bit, and now I want to install 64-bit, will it still get the digital entitlement? Thank you *Smile 88872
  10. How to use my digital entitlement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to use my digital entitlement: I installed the free Win 10 upgrade and subsequently reverted to Windows 7 using a Macrium clone of Win 7 that I had made. Whilst in Win 10 I checked that the copy had been activated. As I understand it I now have a digital entitlement to Win 10 that I can use any time in the...