Windows 10: Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10

Discus and support Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've purchased all the components for my new PC..and it includes a completely new chipset on the motherboard (1151). I recently purchased a windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mazuchii, May 17, 2016.

1. Mazuchii Win User

Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10

I've purchased all the components for my new PC..and it includes a completely new chipset on the motherboard (1151). I recently purchased a windows 10 key from here (Windows 10 Home 32-bit/64-bit English International: Amazon.co.uk: Software). The USB flash drive Home version.

I've read around that with windows 10, if you upgrade your motherboard then you need to purchase a new key. I was planning on reinstalling it anyway.

Just wanted to ask if anybody knows if this is a retail version or an OEM?

For my new PC, I have upgraded everything apart from my SSD and HDD's

Thanks

:)

Mazuchii, May 17, 2016

2. Reinstalling Win10 on new HDD

I upgraded to Windows 10 for free. I'm happy with it, however my HDD is failing. Strange noises, random BSODs, sometimes fine. I am using the media creation tool now, whilst my rig is stable, to create a USB installer.

Question: When I'm installing Win10 it'll ask me for product key, which I've read in other threads I should skip. How will Win10 then determine my product key, version etc?

NiallYeldham, May 17, 2016
  3. Reinstalling Win10 on new HDD

Unless you have a source stating cpu's are tied to the install you're only half correct Referring to the mother board is the only place so far.

ThrashZone, May 17, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2016
  5. Mazuchii Win User
    Thanks for the response. When I get home I will test it and get back to you. Cheers

Mazuchii, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Reinstall with new Motherboard? Win10 - Similar Threads - Reinstall Motherboard Win10

2. Windows reinstall when getting a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reinstall when getting a new motherboard: Hey guys,I have a quick question regarding if i should do a reinstall of windows or not.I bought a new motherboard from Asus and i was wondering if a reinstall would be needed here since i had a Gigabyte one before as to not conflict the drivers etc?The processor stayed the...
  3. Windows reinstall when getting a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows reinstall when getting a new motherboard: Hey guys,I have a quick question regarding if i should do a reinstall of windows or not.I bought a new motherboard from Asus and i was wondering if a reinstall would be needed here since i had a Gigabyte one before as to not conflict the drivers etc?The processor stayed the...
  4. Windows reinstall when getting a new motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Upgrading - need to reinstall windows with new motherboard?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading - need to reinstall windows with new motherboard?: I'm upgrading from a long overdue build from college. I'll be replacing the motherboard and have a full retail windows 10, 64 pro key. Am I going to need to reinstall windows, or can I just drop in the parts and boot up (and install drivers/utilities)? For the curious:...
  6. Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows on new motherboard: I have a retail version of Windows 7 which I previously updated to Windows 10. I have had to change my motherboard and CPU. Can I perform a clean install of Windows 10 and use my previous product key for Windows 10? If not, can I use my Windows 7 key? Thank you...
  7. Getting New Motherboard and Need to Reinstall

Getting New Motherboard and Need to Reinstall: Hello, I'm getting getting a new motherboard in a couple weeks, to replace the one that I've had and used in my computer for the past 5 years. Curently though, I'm running the free upgrade of windows 10 that was offered to me from my Windows 8., that was installed at the...
  8. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  9. Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalling win10 on new hard drive: My hard drive on my pc has gone bad. I updated my win7 ultimate during major change to win 10. What do I do once I have replaced my hard drive. 124273
  10. Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.

Win10 - how to reinstall on a new drive.: I have just purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. I have also purchased a 1TB SSD that I wish to use to replace the original HD. 1) Is this process as simple as creating a recovery USB, downloading the Win 10 iso from Microsoft and then doing a clean...