Windows 10: Reinstallation oem

Discus and support Reinstallation oem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RolandEklund1, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Reinstallation oem

I wonder if it is possible to reinstall a harddrive in a computer as many times as I like with the oem dvd sort of windows 10. When a I got a computer from my parents for a few years ago there was a following dvd media that was supossed to be used only for reinstallation in the same computer where it was already installed. And I could install that dvd on at least two hdd drives.

:)

RolandEklund1, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Andrew Li Win User

How to reinstall and reactivate Windows 10 with an OEM license

Before you continue, I suggest you remove the bloatware by the Control Panel and uninstalling the junk. That is faster and easier, with less potential for problems, but the steps for reinstallation are as follows:

Before you do anything, backup valuable data, if any, on some form of media (i.e. USB) so you can move it onto the reinstalled Windows.

1. Download the appropriate ISO file from Microsoft and burn it to a CD or use it with a bootable USB.
    2. (Optional if you have no internet) Download all the appropriate drivers for your machine and save them on media for later access.
    3. Locate the product key on your machine. It is usually under the laptop on a sticker, and if not, use special software to locate it. This will be used during the reinstallation. Note that PCs sometimes auto-activate if it is in the BIOS so this step is not needed if this is case.
    4. Boot from the bootable media (disc or USB). Continue as usual through the installation, and when the partitions screen comes up, format the current Windows partition and install in there. (The Recovery partition can be deleted, but I recommend keeping it so if anything goes wrong you can restore to factory settings). If the key doesn't work you may need to contact Microsoft and activate over phone.
    5. After installation, install the drivers and run Windows Update and you're done.

Andrew Li, Sep 17, 2019
  3. oli_ramsay, Sep 17, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Reinstallation oem

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstallation oem :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Reinstallation oem

1. Reinstallation oem - Similar Threads - Reinstallation oem

2. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  3. how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without complete reinstall?: How to change Windows 11 Home OEM into Windows 11 Home retail without a complete reinstall of Windows 11?In other words: how to make the Windows 11 home dependant on the Motherboard?We have to change a new MoBo , that has to be exchanged for a bit stronger one.Windows 11 home...
  4. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  5. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps: In January I udpated my Samsung Galaxy Book S to Windows 11. Everything worked great but it caused a detection problem with one of the two USB-C port. I contacted Samsung support and they advised to do a system reset. Unfortunately, I performed a system reset in Windows 11...
  6. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

9. How Can I Perform a System Reset and Reinstall All Factory OEM Drivers and Apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Reinstalling Windows 11 with the help of Windows 10 OEM Product Key

Reinstalling Windows 11 with the help of Windows 10 OEM Product Key: Right now, I have a Laptop, which had Windows 10 when I bought it. Due to my understanding, I installed Windows 11 Insiders Preview, and after Updates, I had realise that i can't go back to the Public Windows 11. So I had only one choice, to reinstall Windows 11.Now here is...