Windows 10: Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

Discus and support Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Microsoft agents remotely reinstalled Windows 10 (older version 1803) after updated version 1809 resulted in missing Mail & Calendar (and other) apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SallyLillie, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

Microsoft agents remotely reinstalled Windows 10 (older version 1803) after updated version 1809 resulted in missing Mail & Calendar (and other) apps. In process they deleted all my 3rd party aps (Family Tree Maker, Printshop 2.0, Office Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.);the windows aps have been successfully restored to operation, and I have downloaded some other programs (FTM), but some others (i.e., Photoshop) failed due to lack of update to Net 3.5 ("Requires Net 3.5 Service Pack 1 or later to be installed on the system"). Just a warning to all - backup all your data before calling Microsoft agents to fix your problem with latest windows 10 update. If you can, also save your important program aps to an external hard drive (or locate your discs or your serial numbers to later download soft ware). Good Luck!

Not sure when updates to Net 3.5 Service Pack 1 will be available to update? Meanwhile, I cannot load some of my aps (ex. PrintShop).

:)

SallyLillie, Oct 28, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Printer probs following Windows 10 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1: Update all your Printer drivers.

Follow the steps to update the Printer drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Method 2: If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand the Print Queues.
    • Double-click on the Printer.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Uninstall.
    • Reinstall your printer driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.
    • Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 28, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809

1. Reinstallation of WIN10_1803 following problems with update WIN10_1809 - Similar Threads - Reinstallation WIN10_1803 following

2. Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Follow up to BSOD problem, after reinstalling Windows: Hello everyone, This is a follow up to a previous post, Windows 10 password, including WinRE from this Microsoft community. At first the computer was crashing regularly, and then it started denying it's own real PIN as noted in the post above. I made a back up of the...
  3. Problems following a replacement hard drive installation, Windows 10 reinstall and restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems following a replacement hard drive installation, Windows 10 reinstall and restore: I recently had my C drive hard drive fail with about 1.4 T of information and programs installed. Following an installation of a replacement drive and a Windows 10 reinstall, I fortunately had a fairly recent back up on an external drive. In the reinstallation of Windows 10...
  4. Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems logging in following the latest Windows Update: Following last night’s update, I cannot l login. When I try to login I have no option to put in my password and it has me sign into my Microsoft account when I try to login, and then it says something about setting up a Windows Hello pin (I already have a password) and after...
  5. Problems following Last week's update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems following Last week's update: I received an update notice from Microsoft through Windows last week. Following the update, settings for virtually all my applications were erased. For example, I have to reenter the setting for Outlook for every new session. No saved passwords for sites and applications are...
  6. windows update and problems that follow it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows update and problems that follow it.: With the latest windows 10 update last week, I can no longer, stay signed in to Chrome or save any changes to my windows desktop. I unpin and stop live updates on the news feed and several other apps and then switch off the PC and when I switch on again everything is back and...
  7. Audio problems following update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio problems following update: After two recent Windows updates, the audio on my Asus notebook quit functioning. I backed out of the previous update and it solved the problem. According to the troubleshooter, there is no problem with the audio devices. Any suggestions?...
  8. WiFi problem following KB4338819 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi problem following KB4338819 update: Hello, I am loosing internet connection following KB4338819 update. For some reason, whenever Windows Update, Microsoft Store, or Office 365 is doing an update, it kills everything until it times out and then connection is restored. I am right next to my router so it is...
  9. Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall: So, I did a major f*ck up last night. I had always been experiencing issues with my audio not being as loud as it used to. When going through the sound properties, I would get a message saying that Realtek Audio was causing issues with Windows and it was disabled. They would...
  10. Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Apps problems following Anniversary Update: Since the Anniversary update (10.14393.51), which I did yesterday, to a Windows 10 Home laptop , I have several problems with Windows apps. Looking at the Event viewer I found several 5973 ERRORS for the following apps: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell Event:5973...