Windows 10: Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error

Discus and support Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently in the middle of having to reinstall Windows 10 due to, very likely, a corrupted Windows Update and system files. I have made a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StargazerLibra, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error

Hi, I'm currently in the middle of having to reinstall Windows 10 due to, very likely, a corrupted Windows Update and system files. I have made a Recovery Boot Disk using the program AOMEI but have a bit of a problem. AT some point, I believe my System and Boot partitions got moved to different disks. My System is on C: on Disk 1, while my Boot is on D: on Disk 2. D: on Disk 2 is a 120GB SATA SSD that I believe originally had both System and Boot on it and I could have sword was once Disk 1, but I could be mistaken. On Disk 1 however is the C: System Reserved and G: named New Volume, which is a 2TB HDD.

My problem and actual question is, if I try and reinstall Windows 10 to C:, will I lose all data on Disk 1, or just the C: partition? I don't want to lose all my data on the HDD marked G:, but is it connected with C: so that they will both be wiped? I read that you have to delete all partition connected to the System Reserved when reinstalling the OS, but I'm hoping that won't mean G: as well. However, if that is the case, can you give me instructions on how to move G: to another disk, or how to move System Reserved to D: on Disk 2? And unfortunately, I do not have a backup of the data for G: on Disk 1, fully intended to, but whenever I saved up the money to get an external HDD, something else has always come up and the money has been needed elsewhere. I hoped I could get one before the system damage got to this point, but here I am. Any help is greatly appreciated an hope to get a response soon, thank you.

:)

StargazerLibra, Aug 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Reset (remove files, no disk wipe) fails with Inaccessible Boot Device; Defender Offline fails with 0x8007002

Two identical Dell Inspiron 660 systems (one for each child):

• Win7 --> Win 10 upgrades went uneventfully, normal function afterward.
    • 1st system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal AND disk wipe, completed successfully, normal function
    • 2nd system then put through Windows 10 Reset procedure with file removal WITHOUT disk wipe --> procedure fails:
      • INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE error is thrown, with an endless reboot cycle
    • Based on
      this thread
      reference to
      KB2673509
      , Windows Defender Offline downloaded and run to create USB installation
    • USB device inserted into affected system
    • Boot device sequence manually directed to USB during reboot cycle via BIOS <F12> key function
    • Windows Defender Offline initiates, but halts throwing error 0x8007002

Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error c8fbaa07-2c69-426b-bb2d-baa18c4abe0a.jpg

• This code
      appears to be
      related to a problem with Windows update, which I can not rationalize given that this is explicitly an
      offline tool.
    What are the suggestions for next step(s)?

Lonn Myronuk, Aug 22, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Inaccessible boot device

Please run through each step in post #3.

There are many causes of inaccessible boot device.

All troubleshooting steps are trial and error.
    If one fixes it then you are set.
    If one does not work then you move to the next until all steps are performed.

If files are backed up then there is more flexibiility.

Reset save files equivalent using the iso would require reinstalling drivers and applications.

When booting to a windows 10 iso it opens Windows Recovery Environent (RE)
    This does not provide access to windows.

If you want access to Windows you can try booting using Kyhi boot rescue:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

If you cannot create Kyhi boot rescue you can use Ubuntu to backup files to another drive or to the cloud.

zbook, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error

Windows BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

Hi Lewis,

The Inaccessible Boot Device error that you received may indicate that the system has lost access to the system partition. This can be due to corrupted system files or components. To troubleshoot this error, we suggest that you follow the methods provided
    on this support article. Select the
    After an update was installed option to view the appropriate steps. This includes steps on how to uninstall the affected update version.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error

1. Reinstallation of Windows 10 due to Inaccessible Boot Disk Error - Similar Threads - Reinstallation due Inaccessible

2. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  3. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE Error: My ASUS ExpertBook laptop says "Your PC Ran into a problem" with an error code: INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE and goes directly to the Bitlocker recovery key page. Even after entering the correct Bitlocker Key I'm unable to restart the PC normally, it again goes to automatic...
  4. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  5. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible boot device error: Someone to please help me fix this error my computer won't start or reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inaccessible-boot-device-error/5613a115-72d4-48b1-8f49-190f161acabd
  6. Inaccessible boot device error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device error: Hello, i uninstalled the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and then restarted the computer. But after restarting the windows does not start and keeps giving the Inaccessible Boot device error and restarts the laptop. And when the laptop restarts the windows Automatic...
  7. Inaccessible Boot Device B.S.O.D. due to pending updates error.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible Boot Device B.S.O.D. due to pending updates error.: As the title says, I'm getting the inaccessible boot device B.S.O.D. at boot, I know what's causing the issue, it's pending windows updates that errored out. I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I can access winPE but that's it. It won't boot into safe mode or any...
  8. Inaccessible boot device due to latest Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device due to latest Windows updates: This is beyond frustrating. I've been on the phone with Windows tech support and they have been useless. I want to disable Windows 10 updates completely as a result of the nightmare I'm facing. BOTH my laptop and desktop are suffering inaccessible boot device from the latest...
  9. Inaccessible Boot Device error in Windows 10 Still

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inaccessible Boot Device error in Windows 10 Still: April 2020, and still this problem appearing. MS needs to take action and refine their update process. Long story short. Rebuilding older PC 2009 to add SSD; with older BIOS with MBR for drives. Installing windows multiple ways about 12 tries, always failed. from SD,...
  10. INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE during booting from iscsi-disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE during booting from iscsi-disk: Hello to all! I can not boot into the operating system. Situation 1 (main): 1) instead of the installation media, I use removable media with the captured image from Situation 3 -> using sanhook I mount the iscsi-disk: sanhook ${root-path} -> format the partition and use...